bko

Working address for customer support ? (EyeTV4 activation)

As sometime ago, I stumbled over the deactivation of my EyeTV 4 license key after migration from my MacPro to a MacBook.

I tried to get in contact with customer support to get this issue solved  (by using various contact forms on the geniatech web site),

but none seems to work, I even did not get an information, that my request has been received.

Does anybody know, hw to get in contact with customer support ?

Thanks Bernd

Same situation here (deactivation of license key after migration), tried several contact forms last couple of days.

Additionally I fired a direct mail yesterday to kelly.li@geniatech.com as was suggested at another post at this forum.

No response yet...

Regards Tom

If they don't respond in their own support forums, it seems clear they don't care.

The only emails I've received from their "support"  (which are just full of untruths and stalling tactics) are from 

eyetv-eyetv3osx-support@eu-geniatech.com

But again.. it's abundantly clear that anything from that email address was all merely lying to me.

Edited by Seriously?

I got a reply from kelly.li@geniatech.com this morning. She confirmed that she resetted my activation key. 🙂👏

Therefore, if you need help, Kelly should be the correct address. 

FYI: Additionally to the reset by Kelly, you have to delete the plist file com.elgato.eyetv.plist from Users:Shared:Library:Preferences

The invalidated activation code information is saved in this particular file and will be used by the app at every start up.

Best Regards

Thomas

In the meantime, I got a response from Kelly too ...

... the licensing issue is solved now, but I have stumbled into the next one 😞 

My receiver (EyeTV hybrid) is detected, but the channel scan is stuck at the beginning (One moment please ...)

I'm now using a MacBook Pro M1, one the Intel MacPro before, everything was running fine. I'm using

EyeTV 4.0.0 (8528).

Any hints ?

Thanks Bernd, 

On 2/2/2023 at 8:49 AM, bko said:

In the meantime, I got a response from Kelly too ...

... the licensing issue is solved now, but I have stumbled into the next one 😞 

My receiver (EyeTV hybrid) is detected, but the channel scan is stuck at the beginning (One moment please ...)

I'm now using a MacBook Pro M1, one the Intel MacPro before, everything was running fine. I'm using

EyeTV 4.0.0 (8528).

Any hints ?

Thanks Bernd, 

Same here.... Since I had also installed the 4.0.0. (8526) (which is the version that is originally presented to us when trying to download the newest version of eyeTV), I erased everything from eyeTV I could and reinstalled 8528. At least that version doesn't crash right from the beginning. But clearly not everything was erased, because the reinstalled 8528 version somehow remembered my license key.

But even after the reinstallation I'm experiencing the same behaviour as you... Auto-Tune is stuck at "One moment please..." and will not do a channel scan. Also, the software will not properly quit.

It seems to me that this product is getting worse and worse. And unfortunately, I can't find any viable alternative for Macs...

Such a shame what they made of it... The only good thing I can say about Geniatech is the uncomplicated and quick refund of my EPG subscription (which also no longer works).

Strange company.

I have exactly the same problem in Monterey using an Eye TV Hybrid. It used to work fine in Mojave. But now it is stuck at "One moment please...". I emailed support several months ago but I never got a reply back.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2023 at 9:09 PM, Stelios said:

I have exactly the same problem in Monterey using an Eye TV Hybrid. It used to work fine in Mojave. But now it is stuck at "One moment please...". I emailed support several months ago but I never got a reply back.

Solved it.... I read on some other thread that the "old" eyeTV hybrid sticks no longer work with Apple Silicon. I can confirm that a newly purchased eyeTV Hybrid T2 stick works. It tunes, records, etc.

Hi,

do you use DVB-T or DVB-C ? ...

... the technical information for both old and new hybrid sticks shows a reference to Intel processors only, the ARM processors are neither referenced nor excluded

Hi there, I use DVB-C PAL B/G. Yep, I know, the hardware specs are probably not up to date. There's a lot of stuff that's not up-to-date with Geniatech. But my new Hybrid T2 stick definitely works on my Mac Studio like the old, regular Hybrid stick worked on my 2017 iMac. Definitely not worse, but also not better (frequent crashes). EPG is still unavailable, of course, but that's a different service anyway...

In the meantime, I got a confirmation from Kelly, that the "old" Hybrid stick does not work with the M1 MacBooks ...

... I got hold on a T2 stick, this one works as expected.

• Like 1