Rammy

EyeTV 4 on Apple M2

EyeTV 4 on Apple M2

Hello, does EyeTV 4.0.0 8528 work for anyone using M2 silicon?

On my MacBook Pro with Apple M2 Pro running macOS Ventura 13.4 I cannot find any channels with my EyeTV Hybrid.

I allowed EyeConnect Full Disk Access in System Settings.

Thank you!

EyeTV 4 does run on my M2 Pro MacBook Pro, but it's not getting a signal from my EyeTV Hybrid.

There was one instance where I plugged the Hybrid back in and it miraculously worked. It stopped working again after I reopened the app.

If you have an old ElGato branded Hybrid it is possible that it just won't work on Apple Silicon. I have two M1 Macs and my old Hybrid does not work with them. It might show a single DVB-C channel but it won't find any other channels. I bought a newer refurbished T2 Hybrid from the European Geniatech Sales page and this does work, of course with all compromises that EyeTV 4 brings.

• Thanks 1

On 7/22/2023 at 8:33 PM, Il Gatto said:

If you have an old ElGato branded Hybrid it is possible that it just won't work on Apple Silicon. I have two M1 Macs and my old Hybrid does not work with them. It might show a single DVB-C channel but it won't find any other channels. I bought a newer refurbished T2 Hybrid from the European Geniatech Sales page and this does work, of course with all compromises that EyeTV 4 brings.

Thank you for your reply mate!

My eyetv T2 Hybrids are most definitely Elgato branded, I have been using them for years.

I might order this one from Amazon, it seems to be a newer Geniatech branded one.

Thanks again!

In North America, on an M2 Pro Mac Mini running MacOS 13.6.1, with an older (ATSC) EyeTV Hybrid USB stick, with EyeTV 4 (8531), EyeTV works well enough for me.  I am not experiencing many of the issues described in this forum.  I did do a completely clean removal of EyeTV 3.x using their EyeTV Reporter tool before I upgraded to EyeTV 4 (years ago now).

Also, please understand that I do not use (or care about) any Internet-based EPG, as ATSC TV transmitters send the EPG over-the-air automatically and continuously for free.  I do not know how DVB-T/T2 works as we do not have that here.

Hi,

I use or try to use  the following EyeTV Hybrid Stick with EyeTV 4.0.0 (8532) in Berlin / Germany / Europe:

image.png.7e7ce13d0a79436389b77f92346fe60b.png

This stick DOES work on my MacBook 12" with Intel CPU and macOS Monterey 12.7.1

The stick does NOT work on my Mac mini M2Pro with Apple CPU and macOS Sonoma 14.1.1. However, EyeTV 4.0.0 (8532) works without problems - only the communication with the EyeTV Hybrid Stick is apparently severely impaired. The metadata of the stick can be read (see above), but the channel scan does not work at all.

I think this is because EyeTV 4 is still an Intel CPU program that runs on Apple CPUs under Rosetta II. It would certainly be very helpful to deliver the software as a universal binary that can also run natively on Apple CPUs (M1, M2, M3).

Regards - Matthias