mavots

Great OTA signal on HDHomerun app but not on EyeTV

Mac/Mojave EyeTV 3.6.9 (7528)

I have been having trouble for months now with certain channels showing up inconsistently on EyeTV. 

I have an HDHomerun DUAL tuner. Tuner 0-Antenna has a strong Signal Quality and Strength while Tuner 1 - Antenna is problematic. Usually a decent Signal Strength but weak to non-existent Signal Quality. I often have recordings that stutter badly or do not start at all. I think EyeTV starts with Tuner 1 before using Tuner 0 unless two shows are being recorded simultaneously.

Is there a way to turn off Tuner 1 entirely? (I rarely record two programs at once). Or make Tuner 0 the default.

More importantly, when I use the HDHomerun app, both tuners are at full strength/quality. A channel that has low or no signal/quality on EyeTV works perfectly with HDHomerun. (I aslo use Plex which has the same issues as EyeTV). I'm not sure how to change Tuners on the HDHomerun app.

I thought maybe the HDHomerun DUAL tuner itself was defective but it still provides a great signal to the HDHomerun app.

I used to use hdhomerun_config_gui to fine tune each stations signal. There was a separate app that one could go up and down the channel lineup and find options for the best signal strength. It was great but it no longer exists (as far as I can tell). Does anyone remember that great utility??

1) How do I get EyeTV (and Plex) to get the same signal strength/quality as HDHomerun app?

2) Is there a way to just shut down Tuner 1 on EyeTV without buying a new single HDHomerun tuner?

3) Does the old HD Homerun gui app still exist for Mac??

Thanks for any help.

Correction, I am using a HDHomerun CONNECT.

OTA signal is perfect on the HDHomerun app and Plex.

However, with EyeTV 3.6.9 (7528) there is no signal for ABC, NBC, and CBS OTA.

Is anyone experiencing anything like this?? I have had poor OTA signals on occasion before, but this has something to do with EyeTV translating the perfectly fine OTA signal.

Thankfully Plex works just fine.

Edited by mavots

Solution:

I was able to get EyeTV to see all the signals. I tried several types of channel auto-tuning and finally found one that worked with all the OTA channels.