Sign in to follow this  
TKK

figuring out how to edit in eye tv4

Hey everyone-I've made some recordings with the new EyeTV4 (love the interface) but I can't figure out how to cut out commercials. I see the white - and the black + and the blue scissors but I can't seem to cut out sections. Couldn't find any instructions. Can someone help? Signed KK

Right-click and select EDIT. To move along the timeline place the cursor above the blue line, click and drag to the place you want to marker/cut and use the scissors ( to the left)

To cut the selection, place another marker/cut and select the portion you want to delete and hit the Delete key.

You can also drag both ends of the timeline like you would do when editing on the iPhone or iMovie

Click on the 3 dots to compress the file like before

On 11/3/2019 at 9:27 AM, Pheel said:

Right-click and select EDIT. To move along the timeline place the cursor above the blue line, click and drag to the place you want to marker/cut and use the scissors ( to the left)

To cut the selection, place another marker/cut and select the portion you want to delete and hit the Delete key.

You can also drag both ends of the timeline like you would do when editing on the iPhone or iMovie

One additional tip that I might add is that for each such section that you mark and delete, you should compress immediately after before marking another section.   In the old EyeTV 3 software you could mark several such sections and compress once to handle them all.  I found this out in EyeTV 4 after a lot of failed attempts.

I am able to mark and delete multiple sections and compress the entire clip without the need to compress each time...that would be a real pain in the CPU if I had to do that but thanks for sharing.

On 10/29/2019 at 6:12 PM, TKK said:

Hey everyone-I've made some recordings with the new EyeTV4 (love the interface) but I can't figure out how to cut out commercials. I see the white - and the black + and the blue scissors but I can't seem to cut out sections. Couldn't find any instructions. Can someone help? Signed KK

I’m glad I’m not the only one.

On 11/3/2019 at 6:27 PM, Pheel said:

This is ridiculously inaccurate. In eyeTV 3, I could move the markers by using the arrow keys. This seems to be impossible now, because the arrow keys will only move the playback marker, not the cut markers.

Am I missing something? As it is, cutting in eyeTV 4 is even more of a PITA than it used to be in eyeTV 3. At least back then, I could cut with an "accuracy" of about one second.