ElGatto

EyeTV 4 Activation Key

I upgraded to eyetv 4 on a Big Sur/eyetv request/demand and contacted eyetv and here is part of their reply;

Here is some basic information regarding EyeTV 4:
- EyeTV 4 (64 Bit) is astandalone- & lifetime license software, which is available for purchase at an introductory price of 29,95 Euro incl. VAT.

- EyeTV 4 (64 Bit) supports macOS 10.14 Mojave and higher.

- There is no direct update from EyeTV 3 (32-Bit) to EyeTV 4 (64-Bit). It is a separate piece of software which needs to be purchased separately.

- EyeTV 3 (32-Bit) License Keys do not work with EyeTV 4 (64-Bit).

- Customers who have purchased a new EyeTV 3 (32-Bit) License or a new EyeTV tuner after the 1st of November 2019, please contact GTEsales@geniatech.com or our customer support, with proof of purchase. An EyeTV 4 (64-Bit) License Key will be sent to these customers by E-Mail.

I don't have a problem with this personally as eyetv 4 is completely redone software etc. and I have been using a Diversity dual tuner stick and before that a 300e hybrid stick for at least 15 years with not one real problem that I can remember, absolutely awesome and a perfect fit for Mac longevity.

The other very reassuring thing is Geniatech is a German company and that means everything to reliability, and this comment comes from a person who's ancestors were Polish Jews, well, they were efficient after all, and no laughing please, I'm serious.

My advise is pay your money and enjoy the ride.

• Like 1

I have been trying to get assistance on an Mac OS Eye tv 4 application problem (app crash) for several months. No response. They gladly sold me an activation key, but the app hasn't worked once since I downloaded it. No updates have fixed the problem. I have yet to record a single minute of television with Eye tv 4.

No customer support has been offered. No refund has been issued. I after reading this topic I see that this is not unusual for them.

I have owned and used the Elgato Eyetv Hybrid product for a number of years with great satisfaction.

However, since your company took over this product, it has been a nightmare to simply find a path

to purchase and download or how to be sent the activation key for the Eyetv4 update.  Even though

the upgrade is quite unreasonably priced, I have made numerous attempts to contact your company

including making two lengthy long distance calls from Canada to Germany to order the upgrade.

Whatever your intent one is left with the impression that you are deliberately sabotaging this product

so that uses purchase another product. In the event that I continue to be unable to find out how to order,

pay and receive the activation code for Eyetv 4 I will be seeking that Consumer and Corporate

Affairs Canada, prohibit the further sales of you physical products in Canada. 

On 12/16/2020 at 10:24 PM, ronaldo duenki said:

Please give the link for the:

EyeTV 4 (64 Bit) standalone- & lifetime license software

Any response to this request?

I've been using EyeTV diversity with EyeTV 3 software for ~20 years and will jump ship if I cannot use this on Catalina, Big Sur etc

On 12/16/2020 at 10:20 PM, Feel1 said:

My advise is pay your money and enjoy the ride.

My advice is pay your money and instantly regret it, or don't pay your money and you've saved yourself a whole hill of problems and headaches. EyeTV 4 is not fit for purpose.

On 5/25/2021 at 12:58 PM, DavidL said:

Any response to this request?

I've been using EyeTV diversity with EyeTV 3 software for ~20 years and will jump ship if I cannot use this on Catalina, Big Sur etc

Please, don't even think about it. EyeTV 4 is garbageware and nothing like as stable, bug-free, easy to use and functional as EyeTV 3. Editing videos is a nightmare and exporting them is worse. Even the TV guide is disastrous. It's a huge shame as EyeTV 3 was so good.

On 6/11/2021 at 3:11 AM, Chris M said:

Please, don't even think about it. EyeTV 4 is garbageware and nothing like as stable, bug-free, easy to use and functional as EyeTV 3. Editing videos is a nightmare and exporting them is worse. Even the TV guide is disastrous. It's a huge shame as EyeTV 3 was so good.

Most of us likely know that eyeTV 3.x was/is one of the most stable MacOS apps there is. Whilst no jack-of-all-trades, it did and still does a marvellous job after more than a decade in my house.

>>> WHAT AN AWEFUL difference eyeTV 4.x makes! Crashes, crashes, crashes! The only reason for having it, is to access shared eyeTV recordings from your trusty Mac mini media server running eyeTV3.

With Catalina & up we cannot run v3, so the only choice is to maintain a dedicated older Mac (High Sierra or Mojave) to run it. My mini is connected to my 4K TV and replaces the tuner and has all streaming services via a web browser and VLC as media player. This is a versatile convenient setup and in my case 4 DTT tuners are driven by eyeTV V 3. I can record from 4 channels simultaneously. No better facility that I could find. eyeTV 3 rocks!

On 12/21/2019 at 5:13 PM, ElGatto said:

Do the "old" activation keys I used with EyeTV 3.x work with the new 4.x version?

I have downloaded the software but I can't proceed with the setup since when I put my activation key (it came with the Elgato EyeTV 250 Plus) nothing happens.

The "Next" button is grayed out therefore it cannot be clicked to finish the setup.

Don't tell me I need to purchase a new license for the program please.

st1.png

Me too!

I bought my EyeTV 4 license 18 month ago, and all works fine, till today.

I installed EyeTV 4 (last release) on my new MacBook Pro M1 based on Monterey and from now on, my license was set to invalid. It doesn't work anymore.

Even if a second installation of my license is not allowed, there should be a process to deactivate the old installation, which is not need any more. 

• Like 1

Hello,

The 13th of January 2022, I bought an EyeTV 4 macOS licence to use with my Eye TV DTT Deluxe after upgrading my 2017 iMac from Mojave to Monterey. It works, sound is fine, but there are continus picture glitches, so it's almost unusable/unwatchable. It works fine with EyeTV 3 on the same antenna. Please help, because nobody answered to my technical support message.

Hello,

I have the same problem https://ibb.co/L0wGGW4

Your activation key has been invalidated. Enter a new activation key above. If you find this to be an error, please contact Geniatech Customer Service

I have contacted Customer Service many time, never receiving a reply.

I bought the licence in April 2020 Order #76608

I have a EyeTV Diversity (I bought a eyetv Splitter Cable at the same moment)

One of my computer is a Mac M1, I can't downgrade to Mac OSX that support 32 bit software (EyeTV 3)

I paid a licence for EyeTV 4 but I can't use, please fix it.

Regards,

EC

Do the "old" activation keys I used with EyeTV 3.x work with the new 4.x version?

I have downloaded the software but I can't proceed with the setup since when I put my activation key (it came with the Elgato EyeTV 250 Plus) nothing happens.

The "Next" button is grayed out therefore it cannot be clicked to finish the setup.

st1.png

thanks for your reply i am very appriciate

On 3/13/2022 at 5:20 PM, Eric C said:

Hello,

I have the same problem https://ibb.co/L0wGGW4

Your activation key has been invalidated. Enter a new activation key above. If you find this to be an error, please contact Geniatech Customer Service

I have contacted Customer Service many time, never receiving a reply.

I bought the licence in April 2020 Order #76608

I have a EyeTV Diversity (I bought a eyetv Splitter Cable at the same moment)

One of my computer is a Mac M1, I can't downgrade to Mac OSX that support 32 bit software (EyeTV 3)

I paid a licence for EyeTV 4 but I can't use, please fix it.

Regards,

EC

I have the same problem, I installed EyeTV4 software on my new Mac Mini M2. It needed Rosetta, After installing Rosetta it worked a couple of hours then gave me the message, My software is invalidated. Support e-mail did not answer. I waited one week. Wrote second mail but no answer.