ElGatto

EyeTV 4 Activation Key

Do the "old" activation keys I used with EyeTV 3.x work with the new 4.x version?

I have downloaded the software but I can't proceed with the setup since when I put my activation key (it came with the Elgato EyeTV 250 Plus) nothing happens.

The "Next" button is grayed out therefore it cannot be clicked to finish the setup.

Don't tell me I need to purchase a new license for the program please.

st1.png

17 hours ago, ElGatto said:

Do the "old" activation keys I used with EyeTV 3.x work with the new 4.x version?

I have downloaded the software but I can't proceed with the setup since when I put my activation key (it came with the Elgato EyeTV 250 Plus) nothing happens.

The "Next" button is grayed out therefore it cannot be clicked to finish the setup.

st1.png

I have the same problem

ATTENTION!

I purchased a couple of days ago EyeTV4.

I installed it on my desktop mac, an iMac retina 5k with 10.5.2 as OS.

Today, I installed eyeTV4 on my laptop, a MacBookAir with 10.5.2 catalina OS.

I get the message "The registration key ABCD..... has been invalidated. Please contact customer support".

Does it mean I can use the sofware on only ONE mac? Even if I am the owner of both computers, and even if I will use it with the same hardware?

That's weird...

I have now joined the merry throng with a useless 8 month old eye tv hybrid since installing eye TV 4.  There's no obvious way to do anything from purchase to obtaining a key.  Astounding organization.

On 12/21/2019 at 4:13 PM, ElGatto said:

st1.png

Did you solve the problem?

I have had the same issue. More worryingly, I have contacted the company several times using their contact box, and have had no response. What is going on?  If anyone from the company is reading this, the ticket number is: Ticket#2020020116000561

If we contact the company, having been the customers of a company that they bought, I do expect a response.  Otherwise, it is really poor customer service.  

Same problem. I may even be prepared to buy a new licence, although this seems like extortion!

Can't even find how to do that.

I have had Elgato TV products for 20+ years. Now the company is Geniatech they do not seem keen to help. I even think they think the market for DTT is dying so don't want to be involved.

RIP Elgato EyeTV.

I bought an Eyetv 2 lite stick in February 2020 (via Amazon, receipt from Geniatech). The activation key coming with this newly bought article doesn't work with Eyetv 4 software for Mac OS Catalina. I contacted Geniatch fivel times (phone and email) but never got a helpful answer (only an automatically generated  support ticket) or a new key for the software I need. Is this the way Geniatech deals with their customers? Has the support team been infected by the ignorance virus or do they think they can exist without customers?

Same problem here with EyeTV 4.0.0 (8519) on macOS 10.15.3.

I sent a ticket to the help desk but still waiting for an answer with a solution.

So no TV for the moment...

Edited by ReiVilo

First answer from the Help Desk: 

1. EyeTV 4 64 bit release version is a paid software. To activate it, you will need to buy the activation code in our online store.

2. If your product is bought after November 1, 2019, please provide us with the receipt. We will offer you an eyetv 4 code for free.

It looks Geniatech doesn't keep record of their customers. So message back with the EyeTV 4 invoice to get a new code.

Finally, Geniatech sent me another activation key. 

However,  the way the activation keys are managed is rather limited and makes changing or reinstalling the Mac difficult. 

Please note that one key only can be used on two computers at most.

Does that mean the next time I change or reinstall my Mac, I should ask for another activation key?

I have purchased the EyeTV4 software because I want to update my Mac to Catalina. However, like others when I bought the software no activation key was provided and no one is responding to my request. I sent in a note through the web site and even reached out via Facebook. Is there a help desk phone number?

well took a week but a help request through the web site finally got a response with a valid key. Somewhat odd that you don't get it automatically with the purchase. Customer service could use some help there.

I have a EyeTV Sat Free using EyeTV 3.6.9 on a Mac running Mojave 10.14.6 and every thing is/was fine. But now I am moving to Mac Catalina 10.15.6 where EyeTV 3 doesn't work. I have downloaded EyeTV 4 64 that requires a new authentication code. Can you supply me with one. Thank you. 

Regards

Hans Dithmar

hansdithmar@mac.com