Ricky

EYETV 8518 doesn't work on iMac with Catalina

Hi,

I've bought right now the 8518 version of EYETV to use it on a 2017 iMac with Catalina MacOS and an EYETV DIVERSITY dongle, but it doesn't work.

After installation, it asked me to type registration infos and activation code, but, when I was filling fields, it appeared a black screen with exclamation point and I wasn't able to do nothing.

I restarted my Mac and, after several attempts, I was able to complete the registration; after the channel settings, the TV screen appeared, but it was impossible to control TV with remote control.

I tried to stop the EYETV app, but I got a white screen that was impossible to switch off; I had to push "option+command+esc" keys to switch off the EYETV app.

Now, when I launch the app, it says that there was a problem, then, after few seconds, I got again the white screen.

I cannot see my TV.

In october I downloaded and tried to use the beta version and I got similar problems; now I erased the beta version before installing 8518 one, but it doesn't work.

What can I do?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

The distribution policy of products by this company is opaque. I also bought their product yesterday and now I have to pay extra for this eyetv2 t2 device eyetv v4 64bit driver that does not work on macos catalina with such successes, these dishonest people should trade printers and separately sell drivers for them.

they will lose all customers

Hi Obukov,

thanks for your answer.

In fact, me too I’m strongly disappointed about that policy: I cannot pay a “tax” to see my (expensive) gear work!

You example about printer and driver is perfect.

I’m pretty sure I won’t buy anymore any product from this company, when the Tv dongle will fail, and I’ll suggest others to do the same.

Anyway, I solved this problem: I had to download the “EyeTV Report” software, uninstall the software in a clean way, using EyeTV Report function, then re-install software again.

Now it works, but remote controller is not seen by the dongle.
The support team neither knows about the EyeTV Report app: they suggested me to un plug and re plug the dongle and to check the Country selected and if TV signal is there, using EyeTv Assistant; but, how could I use EyeTV Assistant, if I had total freeze when I started the app?!

But I can understand the imprecise answer: maybe, in this period, they’re too busy to count the money...

Hi!

I Have exactly the same problem and no answer from the support.

When I launch Eye TV 2 (which I bought 3 days ago), I have a white pale screen then after 5 seconds the app disappears totally.

I have tried many attempts, always the same problem.

Cash is one thing. Having an operating app and satisfied customers another...