joachim's mac mini

EyeTV 4.00 on Mac Catalina

What you report are "luxury" problems. I am running Eyetv 64 bit under Catalina on a relatively new Mac Mini with best eqpuipment regarding processor, RAM and  HDD. The performance is catastrophic, white or black screens when simply looking a film from the archive ot looking live TV which force me to reboot the system occur regularly. The Eyetv update  to 64 bit is not at all worth the money I paifd for it.

I use Handbrake to encode downloaded tv programme into mp4 then put them into the Apple TV App. then I sync my iPad to my Mac to watch the programme on the iPan when offline.

i was using the public beta, bug filled up to last release, so many it was ridiculous, I sent two enquiries asking if paid version would be bug free, as thought out of order if releasing a bug full paid version, never had a reply. was forced to buy it when they stopped beta working and low and behold still bug full, can use remote, constant crashes!! again, nothing after two weeks, worst customer support ever, Geniatech are a bunch of cowboys. They had over a years notice to update to 64bit, all seemed las minute and rushed. I have been an eye tv user for over a decade! running iMac with Catalina and diversity

I also bought the full version.   There are fewer crashes, but I still didn't find a way to export the .eyetv into mp4, mkv or any other format.

Why did the geniatech engineers invent a new user interface to the editor?  The new one is incomplete and I don't see a user documentation.

Tried handbrake, but that produced errors and failed.  Under what settings did you (Terlga) succeed?

EyeTV 4 is missing a lot of features, which now renders it a standalone product. I personally have given up any hope it will regain the integration which was possible and at hand with version 3. I have deinstalled EyeTV soft- and hardware and now use the following setup, which is fine for me as I only record at very few instances:

When it comes to watching on screen, at least in my region most station are available as web streams, be it directly or through a number of readily available apps.

When it comes to recordings, here I liked EyeTV 3's export options and integration with iTunes... I revived my old sat-hd-receiver, copy and convert files via network, and copy them to iTunes, respectively Apple TV on Catalina. EyeTV basically mainly served to make this easier. But as it does not fulfil these requirements anymore- Basically all I loose, or was forced to loose due to the lack of a funtional backup, is some comfort while handling recordings.

I have buffer problem, the cursor is always in the middle and if I try to move, it returns in the middle and there's no way to adjust it. I wrote many times to Geniatech support but no one answers me: very bad customer support!!