Clive W

Many problems with EyeTV 4

On 12/29/2019 at 6:59 PM, Ellie said:

Is the EyeTV remote control not working for anyone else? I have just upgraded and paid for the new software, but the remote seems to be dead now. The hardware is the same so I cannot see why.

I can however sort the channels.

Nope, I have the same trouble !! My remote control is not working anymore with EyeTv4 !! It has worked with EyeTv3 !! Could anybody help us ??

On 1/4/2020 at 6:10 PM, Philippe said:

Nope, I have the same trouble !! My remote control is not working anymore with EyeTv4 !! It has worked with EyeTv3 !! Could anybody help us ??

The last developer message posted to the 4.0 beta thread (bottom item of the post) suggests support for the EyeTV remote won't arrive until or after Feb 2020.

Edited by Jonathan T

Lost all sound and tried to update to 8519 but it doesn't seem to work. Very frustrating after re buying the program and the guide.

On 12/29/2019 at 3:41 PM, tptp said:

The TV channel list cannot be sorted. Also, an imported channel list cannot be activated.

Same Problem with me with last final version of eyeTV4: Can't sort tv-channels

EyeTV 4.0.0 (8519)

The new version is still blocking the sleep mode, configured in energy saving settings, after the scheduled recording is done :-(

After closing and restart of EyeTV, the mac enters the sleep mode as configured.

Please fix it in the next version.

On 1/10/2020 at 11:08 AM, AndyLauber said:

Same Problem with me with last final version of eyeTV4: Can't sort tv-channels

Sorting channels works for me when PayTV channels are enabled. Afterwards they can be deactivated again.

1 hour ago, tptp said:

Sorting channels works for me when PayTV channels are enabled. Afterwards they can be deactivated again.

The ultimate hint!   😀

Thanx a lot, tptp!   👍

After update to 8519 it freezes on the agreement window. I have paid for a working app not this crap!!! Never seen such un incredible sequence of bad programming. Commercially is not honest. Asked for reimbursement, nobody has answered. Asked for instructions, no one answers. Bad Bad Bad!!!!

Geniatech ... if you ever want to sell anything in Germany ... get your ass up and fix that software which is compellingly needed to use your products! I payed 30 € now for the "final" version and the first thing that happens is an application crash while trying to cut / compress a recording like succesfully done a hundret times before with the old version 3. I am convinced many people will never ever buy anything that has your name on it or comes from your production if you seriously SELL crap like the version 4 of eyetv. And this is NOT a problem of the programmer´s work, this is in the responsibility of executives deciding how much money is put in a task! Do it or leave it, but what you do now is to muck arround with your PAYING customers.

Edited by Rumkugel

On 12/27/2019 at 3:13 PM, Clive W said:

Despite the many months in beta, the newly released EyeTV 4 software is still woefully underdeveloped. Many, many bugs have persisted from the beta stages to the initial release, including: Arrow keys no longer work to scroll through the channel list. The aspect ratio doesn't change with the programme in full screen - if watching a show in 4:3, the ad break will be squashed or, if you start watching whilst the ads are on, the programme will stay stretched. Switching out of full screen view doesn't work, switching to some strange, random scale. Most annoyingly of all, the mouse cursor stays visible at all times, even in full screen view.

To release and charge money for such inadequately developed software is a disgrace and Geniatech should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. If you want to have any use at all of your EyeTV hardware, you're forced to pay for this 'upgrade' and put up with an inadequate and underdeveloped bit of software. I hope that development continues at a rapid pace to dramatically improve this software so we can eventually enjoy TV on our Macs in the way we used to.

1. Bring back the Up/Down Arrow keys to browse the channel list in the current open window.  Using the mouse to select channels is not convenient for my living room TV Mac mini setup. 

2. Make the font size legible like it was in EyeTV 3. A lot of us use TV monitors in living rooms. 

3. Bring back the the Program Guide that opened in the current fullscreen window. Command G used to bring up this guide and you could navigate around with the arrow keys. 

4. Bring back the Return Key to show program info and synopsis.