DeeGee

EyeTV Sat DVB-S2

Hi all, am wondering three things before I purchase this software. Can anybody advise;

1. Has anybody actually tried the EyeTV Sat DVB-S2 with EyeTV4?
  2. Can anybody post the terms of the license, how many Macs does one purchase cover?
  3. Other than compatibility with 10.15, (which I am not using), does EyeTV4 offer anything over EyeTV3?

Thanks, DeeGee.

Edited by DeeGee
Added a Q....

No.1 If that's the one with the CI-Slot? Yes, i ve got this one and could install eyetv 4. and it "works" with all the bugs people mentioned before here. I still didn't change to 10.15, because at mom i use both eyetv 3 and eyetv4. i use eyetv4 for recording and eyetv3 for editing and sending to iTunes. when eyetv4 can do it on its own after a couple of updates, i ll change to catalina.

No. 3 because of all the bugs i couldn't name u a single thing by now. for me the only reason at mom is the future change to 64-bit-version.

Hope its helps!

Best, 

Timo

5 hours ago, Timo said:

No.1 If that's the one with the CI-Slot? Yes, i ve got this one and could install eyetv 4. and it "works" with all the bugs people mentioned before here. I still didn't change to 10.15, because at mom i use both eyetv 3 and eyetv4. i use eyetv4 for recording and eyetv3 for editing and sending to iTunes. when eyetv4 can do it on its own after a couple of updates, i ll change to catalina.

No. 3 because of all the bugs i couldn't name u a single thing by now. for me the only reason at mom is the future change to 64-bit-version.

Hope its helps!

Best, 

Timo

Good day sir, you are a gentleman. Thanks for replying with that useful info.

I have as per the below images........

Model.jpg

Slot.jpg

Here is the  deleted document in line. I don't think it could possibly be considered offensive enough to be deleted.

Experiences with EyeTV 4

Hardware

Mac mini early 2012 and a EyeTV Sat with a CAM and a decoder card. Two satellite dishes with three heads, selectable with DiSEqC 1.0, and pointed toward Astra at 19.2 E, Thor at 0.8 W, and Eutelsat-5-West at 5 W.

Software

In order to avoid all interference I took an empty external APFS-formatted SSD, installed Catalina 15.2, EyeTV 4.0.0 8518 and the utilities AppCleaner (to find the EyeTV associated files) and PLIST Editor (to read the .plist and .xml files).

Tests

EyeTV was started, initialised and immediately stopped. No Auto-Tune performed yet, no DiSEqC command issued.

• There were already 43 channels on Astra preset in the ChannelList.xml, even though the Astra head was not selected.

EyeTV was started again, the satellite configuration defined in the Devices -> EyeTV Sat pane and Country: set to Sweden. The first channel in the ChannelList started playing. An Auto-Tune on Thor resulted in 396 channels on 99 transponders

• This resulted in that the 396 channels on Thor were added to the 43 channels on Astra in the EyeTVAutoTune.log. The did not, however, turn up in the “All Channels†channel list regardless of the satellite selection in the Devices -> EyeTV Sat pane.
  • I could, however, create a Channel Set (.eyetvloc) with the Thor channels in the Devices -> EyeTV Sat pane under the Service: menu. The Set contains detailed info on the Channels.

An Auto-Tune on Astra resulted in 1138 channels on 211 transponders. I am not sure all transponders were examined, I think there used to be over 2000 channels.

• The 43 preset channels disappeared from the EyeTVAutoTune.log and was replaced by the list of the 1138 new channels.
  • The “All Channels†list still only shows the Astra channels and can not be switched to show any other satellite.

An Auto-Tune on what EyeTV calls Atlantic Bird 3 resulted in 0  channels on 55 transponders.

• The Atlantic Bird 3 has been replaced by the Eutelsat 5 West with different transponder frequencies but according to the AutoTuneScan.log it did try to scan the Atlantic Bird transponders.

In the EyeTV Menu bar in the View menu there is an entry Common Interface that is greyed out. It is of interest to read the contents of the decoder card in the EyeTV Sat CAM module.

Conclusions

It seems that the EyeTV Sat to EyeTV app interface works as it should except perhaps for the Common Interface, even though EyeTV Sat is not listed as EyeTV 4 compatible.

I would think that the rest of the problems are in the EyeTV 4 Software.

• The All Channel list is not  switched by satellite selection. It only shows Astra channels. The Thor channels are in EyeTV but they are not accessible to view
  • The satellite definitions on 5 W needs to be updated
  • The On Screen Controller is missing. There is no entry for it in EyeTV's Window menu as the manual suggests.
  •  It is not possible to read the Common Interface under EyeTV's View menu

I am sure these problems can be corrected and that the EyeTV Sat will work satisfactorially with EyeTV 4.

19 hours ago, gilken said:

Here is the  deleted document in line. I don't think it could possibly be considered offensive enough to be deleted.

Experiences with EyeTV 4

Hardware

Mac mini early 2012 and a EyeTV Sat with a CAM and a decoder card. Two satellite dishes with three heads, selectable with DiSEqC 1.0, and pointed toward Astra at 19.2 E, Thor at 0.8 W, and Eutelsat-5-West at 5 W.

Software

In order to avoid all interference I took an empty external APFS-formatted SSD, installed Catalina 15.2, EyeTV 4.0.0 8518 and the utilities AppCleaner (to find the EyeTV associated files) and PLIST Editor (to read the .plist and .xml files).

Tests

EyeTV was started, initialised and immediately stopped. No Auto-Tune performed yet, no DiSEqC command issued.

• There were already 43 channels on Astra preset in the ChannelList.xml, even though the Astra head was not selected.

EyeTV was started again, the satellite configuration defined in the Devices -> EyeTV Sat pane and Country: set to Sweden. The first channel in the ChannelList started playing. An Auto-Tune on Thor resulted in 396 channels on 99 transponders

• This resulted in that the 396 channels on Thor were added to the 43 channels on Astra in the EyeTVAutoTune.log. The did not, however, turn up in the “All Channels†channel list regardless of the satellite selection in the Devices -> EyeTV Sat pane.
  • I could, however, create a Channel Set (.eyetvloc) with the Thor channels in the Devices -> EyeTV Sat pane under the Service: menu. The Set contains detailed info on the Channels.

An Auto-Tune on Astra resulted in 1138 channels on 211 transponders. I am not sure all transponders were examined, I think there used to be over 2000 channels.

• The 43 preset channels disappeared from the EyeTVAutoTune.log and was replaced by the list of the 1138 new channels.
  • The “All Channels†list still only shows the Astra channels and can not be switched to show any other satellite.

An Auto-Tune on what EyeTV calls Atlantic Bird 3 resulted in 0  channels on 55 transponders.

• The Atlantic Bird 3 has been replaced by the Eutelsat 5 West with different transponder frequencies but according to the AutoTuneScan.log it did try to scan the Atlantic Bird transponders.

In the EyeTV Menu bar in the View menu there is an entry Common Interface that is greyed out. It is of interest to read the contents of the decoder card in the EyeTV Sat CAM module.

Conclusions

It seems that the EyeTV Sat to EyeTV app interface works as it should except perhaps for the Common Interface, even though EyeTV Sat is not listed as EyeTV 4 compatible.

• The All Channel list is not  switched by satellite selection. It only shows Astra channels. The Thor channels are in EyeTV but they are not accessible to view
  • The On Screen Controller is missing. There is no entry for it in EyeTV's Window menu as the manual suggests.

I am sure these problems can be corrected and that the EyeTV Sat will work satisfactorially with EyeTV 4.

Very comprehensive - thanks for that.

I'm thinking I might wait till the kinks are ironed out, there's no actual need to upgrade right now.

On 1/5/2020 at 6:01 PM, gilken said:

Experiences with EyeTV 4

Hardware

Software

Tests

Conclusions

Hi to everyone.

Any confirm about CI CAM fully functional on EyeTV4?

I would like to use it (or eventually Terratec/Hauppage CI USB) to decode locally a SAT>IP stream from Netstream4Sat or any other compatible SAT>IP server (maybe Digibit Twin?).

Thanks in advance.

The Terratec S7 with CAM and decoder card worked with the then current version of EyeTV software. I tried it when the EyeTV Sat kept crashing due to electromagnetic interference from my plasma TV. However, when I placed the EyeTV Sat some 5 ft from the TV it worked, so I continued with the EyeTV Sat. I still have the Terratec as spare. As far as I tested the Terratec it worked with EyeTV software at that time and probably works with EyeTV 4 since the EyeTV Sat still does.

Sorry, I made a mistake. I use EyeTV 3.6.9 (the 16 bit version) still on the Mac mini 2012 since I never could EyeTV 4 to work properly. I gave up on it some years ago, when the Corean spammers (or whatever they were) got into the forum. EyeTV Sat  is not in the list of EyeTV 4 compatible HW if I remember correctly, so it is doubtful if Terratec is compatible.

Ouch!

But, Timo, in the second post of this thread, said that even if EyeTV Sat is theoretically unsupported in fact it works with EyeTV 4.

But is unclear about CI slot, EyeTV 4 support some CI card? Eventually Terratec/Hauppage CI USB? In the EyeTV 4 Menu bar, in the View menu, there is an entry about Common Interface?

Thanks for replying. 🙏🙏