Sign in to follow this  
Monde1982

How to scan for channels on an EyeTV Netstream Sat?

Hi all,

I just got an "EyeTV Netstream Sat" from a friend, which he didn't use for quite a while. He doesn't remember whether it worked the last time he used it. He lives in Germany and I'm in the UK.

So I connected it to my network and the SAT connection in my flat. I live in an apartment block and assume, that there is a working satellite dish installed. I can't say for sure, because I never used satellite equipment here, only Freeview.

Upon connecting it, I could see all the German channels. Since they're of no use here, I reset the Netstream. Now there are no channels in the web interface. When I do the "Auto Configuration", it does something for a few minutes and after that there are still 0 channels.

I also tried the "EyeTV Netstream" Android app. The start screen says "No devices found", but in the settings it sees the device. When I return to the start screen, it now says

No Channels. Please select "Scan for Channels" from the Settings" menu.

But there is no "Scan for Channels" in the settings. How can I scan for channels without a Mac? I'm using Linux and plan to use the m3u file to watch TV.

I don't think you can with this model. I have the same one and wanted todo the same. I had to buy the new eyetv 4 and use my Mac to access and scan for channels which then generates the m3u file.

Alan

one solution would be to install on Linux a Windows 7, 8 or 10 in Virtalbox for testing purposes (by downloading an ISO and installing it then inside Virtualbox), and from there you can

1. install Itunes (needed for Bonjour services)

2. install Bonjour Browser for Windows (from Hobbyist Software)

start Bonjour Browser > click on the Netstream Sat Service, and you will your IP Adress of the Netstream (like 192.168.1.222:81)

now insert this IP-adress into your Browser, and you get to the EyeTV Netstream Webinterface.

From there, you can easily download the m3u-file which then you can use on Linux

3. to watch channels listed in your m3u on VLC or similar videoplayer.

Sadly I am having the same issue with Netstream DTT and the Android app. The device is recognized, but gives no options to scan for channels and neither are there any displayed, although the channel list is properly registered on the device as seen in the Browser URL of the Netstream DTT. Previously the Netstream DTT functioned beautifully also in the Android Netstream APP so I wonder what prompted this change in behaviour.