michadd

EyeTV 4.0 Video Edit

Hello all,

here a short description how to edit  a movie in EyTV4.0 ..

Step1: Open the Edit mode and click above the blue line

step1.png.1dec0328f1a9b8472a47f7ba9e520c1f.png

Step2: Hold down the 'left' mouse key and move the marker to the end of the part you want to remove from the movie

step2.png.c4f14431f44d4b3a3215b188fbfd8729.png

Step3: Highlight the part you want to remove by clicking on the part. Now click on the scissors symbol.

step3.png.be83a37295f838106913d2d8983f3a43.png

Spep4: Now pick the small black stripe on the right side and move them to the left.

step5.png.976111d6bbec473ff73d1374a2d90f92.png

Step5: Now you can compact the movie ...

step6.png.e158c78d85c7d21ea43b0ccb1aef590e.png

You will see what will be done ...

step7.png.712e36fddd7fcf82e815a2dd92b34df7.png

step4.png

• Like 2

Thank you, but sorry, this does NOT help much.

It sometimes works and sometimes does not.

This is below the standard of beta-software.

I think, this way the company will be out of business within a short time.

• Like 2

Hallo Bernie: wie machst du das mit dem exportieren? bei mir kam bei eytetv3 h264 eine mp4 datei raus. bei eyetv4 eine avi datei. hast du das problem auch?. danke und Schöne Grüße Bernd

On 1/1/2020 at 6:26 PM, Bernie said:

Thank you, but sorry, this does NOT help much.

It sometimes works and sometimes does not.

This is below the standard of beta-software.

I think, this way the company will be out of business within a short time.

The UI elements can be difficult to select. You have to try and try again. Also, deleting very small sections is very difficult.

Thank you for explanation! I was going nuts figuring out how it works. 

What in h... made them change the way how to edit a video. In my opinion it worked very well in version 3 but version 4 is a mess.

On 1/24/2020 at 3:06 AM, OldGoat said:

How do you extract a section from the middle of a recording?

Here is what I am trying:

1- From each end of the movie, grab the end and move inwards to remove the non-wanted video at the start and end of the clip (i.e., the commercials that led and followed the movie).

2- Click on black space now showing in the movie's timeline. Make sure nothing is highlighted.

3- Move the white marker to where the next deletion should start (i.e., where commercials start).

4- Click on the scissor icon to start the cut.

5- Move the white marker to the end of where the deletion should end (i.e., where the commercial break ends). You should now see a black gap in the blue movie file.

6- Click on black/already cut area in the movie.

7- Repeats steps 3-6 for next section to be removed.

• Like 1

I've just installed eyeTV 4 today and find the editing very confusing!!

After much trial and error I've found is I can use the 'scissors' to mark the beginning and end of sections I want to keep or remove.

The timeline marked in blue are the parts that will be kept. (Though there is an option to invert this in the ... menu)

When the the ends of these blue parts have a thin red line at the end it is possible to click on the small frames of the timeline to fine tune the edit. (I used to do this a lot in the previous version of eyeTV)

Dragging the thin red line itself will move it around, but with no real precision. The precision comes from clicking on the individual frames.

The - and + magnifying glass thing at the left-hand end seem to alter the precision as before?

Keep an eye on the indicated 'Excluded time' to see if it's changing as expected. If it's not, then you aren't doing anything.

I can only use the scissors button when the white cursor is on a blue line. So you have to be a little creative to remove all the adverts.

Hope that helps!!

Now... what about exporting, where have all the options gone?

On 2/1/2020 at 8:00 PM, Stephanie said:

Here is what I am trying:

1- From each end of the movie, grab the end and move inwards to remove the non-wanted video at the start and end of the clip (i.e., the commercials that led and followed the movie).

2- Click on black space now showing in the movie's timeline. Make sure nothing is highlighted.

3- Move the white marker to where the next deletion should start (i.e., where commercials start).

4- Click on the scissor icon to start the cut.

5- Move the white marker to the end of where the deletion should end (i.e., where the commercial break ends). You should now see a black gap in the blue movie file.

6- Click on black/already cut area in the movie.

7- Repeats steps 3-6 for next section to be removed.

Thank you for this. I've used EyeTV 3 for many years, and the editing was accurate, fast and easy. But the editing function in EyeTV 4 can be very difficult to use in comparison -  e.g. editing out commercials accurately from a movie is more an exercise in frustration. But your instructions are very useful, and seem to provide a reliable way to proceed. I've updated them with a few extra points

- (0) Click on magnifying glass to maximum zoom in (this is important during the editing process to select the exact cut point)
    - (1) From each end of the movie, grab the end and move inwards to remove the non-wanted video at the start and end of the clip (i.e., the commercials that led and followed the movie).

- (2) Click on black space now showing in the movie's timeline. Make sure nothing is highlighted.

- (3)  Move the white marker line to where the next deletion should start (i.e., where commercials start).
    - (3.1) tap on dividual frames in frame strip under main picture to move to exact frame where cut should be made

- (4) Click on the scissor icon to start the cut.
    - (4.1) Marker line changes from white to red

- (5) - Move the red marker line to the end of where the deletion should end (i.e., where the commercial break ends). You should now see a black gap in the blue movie file.
    - (5.1) tap on dividual frames in frame strip under main picture to move to exact frame where cut should be made
    - (5.2) Click on the scissor icon to end the cut.  Marker line stays red 

- (6) Click on black/already cut area in the movie.
        - marker line changes to white

- (7) - Repeats steps 3-6 for next section to be removed.

does anyone on here live in new york city?  i would love to meet up at starbucks or one of these restaurants with chairs/tables on the street now so we can figure out this editing problem.  i am so close but can't get it to work.  drinks/food on me.  i'll meet you anywhere in the city or whatever borough you live in. send me an email.