Jeff Richardson

Can't use EyeTV Premium EPG NA

I want to have a program guide service for over-the-air channels in the U.S.  I used to subscribe to TV Guide through EyeTV/Geniatech, but that product is no longer offered.  Instead, the product being sold is EyeTV Premium EPG NA -- I guess the "NA" is North America.  I purchased this product and I received a key, but I cannot get it to work.  The EyeTV software (version 4.0.0 8518) won't recognize my account, telling me "Invalid Login name or Password" and thus won't let accept the key when I enter it.  But I know that my login/password are correct because I have no trouble using those to login to the EyeTV website, where I can see that I did indeed purchase a subscription to the program guide.  I've requested online help many times but my requests get ignored.  Does anyone have an idea for getting the EyeTV Premium guide to work with EyeTV 4?  Thanks.

-Jeff 

I have the very same problem with my account not being recognised. I upgraded to Eye TV 4 for Mac late December and purchased at the same time EyeTV Premium EPG Europe. Two requests for support have so far remain unanswered.

Brian

J'ai rencontre le même problème depuis que je suis passé à eyetv 4.

Ce qui m'énerve le plus, c'est qu'on ne reçoit aucune réponse à notre demande d'aide. On est vraiment pris pour des imbéciles justes bons à payer pour un logiciel  qui n'est même pas finalisé.

I'm running the latest version of EyeTV 4.0.0 (8521) I just renewed my EPG NA subscription since it was due to expire in two days Received activation key email followed instructions but it still says it is due to expire in two days.  I put in a support ticket so I'll see if I get a response

Rick

Edited by Rick A

So it seems things work a little different in EyeTV 4 (okay I admit that is an understatement).  I had to wait for my current subscription to expire.  I was then presented with a new button that said "expired".  Clicking that allowed me to manually enter the activation key I was provided when I renewed.  Hope this helps for anyone else in the same situation.

Rick

I'm using a EyeTV HD connected to a DirecTV satellite receiver.  In other words I am not using any "Over the Air" connection.

Is it my understanding that to get the EPG to work I MUST have an Over the Air connection to get the Program Guide populated?

Hello,

I have a similar problem: I had to switch from  EyeTV 3 on an older Mac mini to EyTV 4 on a newer Mac mini. For EyeTV 3 I had to renew the subscription because it expired. Two weeks later that Mac died. Hence the switch to EyeTV 4 on a newer Mac.

No I get the message  "Invalid Login name or Password".

I emailed the Geniatech support but never got any response.

Is there a solution?

Kind regards

steamfan

Did anyone resolve the above -  Version 4.0.0   program guide expired & I've just rebought it but getting the same Invalid Login name or Password message as above

I've made sure all login & passwords are the same but its just not recognising that its correct therefore I cant enter the product key

Is there a resolution?

Edited by Baldrick2