essandess

EyeTV 4 Sharing

I just installed EyeTV on a 10.14 box, keeping all the settings from the previous EyeTV 3 install. Most everything is working, except Sharing.

I click EyeTV Preferences>Sharing>Share my EyeTV Archive, but the checkbox doesn’t stay set, I notice that no administrator authentication is requested, and confirm that eyetv/tcp port 2170 is closed.

Has anyone else observed this or know of a fix?

Also, I just upgraded too the latest release EyeTV 4.0.0 (8519), and no longer see the Sharing preferences panel.

I hope this has something to do with the missing export capability, and will be addressed soon.

I too am experiencing issi=ues with Sharing. I have 4.0 (8520) installed. Checking the Sharing box on my media server Mac mini does present the recorded programs on my laptop with the same version of eyetv installed.

On 2/12/2020 at 7:11 PM, dcunia said:

I too am experiencing issi=ues with Sharing. I have 4.0 (8520) installed. Checking the Sharing box on my media server Mac mini does present the recorded programs on my laptop with the same version of eyetv installed.

I just noticed a typo in my original post. Checking the Sharing box on the Mac mini server DOES NOT share the recorded content with another Mac running the same version of EyeTV4 on the same network.

EyeTV 4 does not share tv shows to the iOS EyeTV app.

I am able to turn on Sharing in the macOS EyeTV 4 Preferences, login from the iOS app, but repeatedly get the error:

Could not get playlists.

Please make sure that EyeTV’s iPhone Access is enabled.

I can also verify that macOS EyeTV opens port 2170.

I bought, 4 years ago, eye TV diversity with eyeTV3 (32 bits). Now I can't use it with my MacBook with Mojave. So I want to charge the new software eyeTV4 (64 bits) but it's impossible to use the old activation key. Why ? Thanks for your answers. Claude from France.

On 2/15/2020 at 2:13 PM, dcunia said:

I just noticed a typo in my original post. Checking the Sharing box on the Mac mini server DOES NOT share the recorded content with another Mac running the same version of EyeTV4 on the same network.

No change...still cannot share recordings...either with another computer or with iOS app. Anyone else out there able to share content with build 8520?