Peter McCallum

Diversity dual tuner not working in EyeTV 4 MacOS

Hey - I thought I was dreaming. Just spent half an hour trying to turn on my second tuner and couldn't see the functionality in preferences. What happened to my second tuner?? This is very buggy software - I could write a list of issues.

Updates please?

Same for me. After a lot of problems with the initial upgrade to EyeTV 4 I was advised to delete it and re-download and install the current version.

Did so, but now find exactly this problem - no second tuner available for my Diversity. Not a happy bunny!!

I can see both tuners, however with the latest release (4.0.0 8521) I get 0% Signal Quality and 100% Signal Strength, and it certainly used to work before, also in eyeTV 4.

How about Geniatech does the right thing and fixes its software for the EyeTV products. I have had nothing but problems with my EyeTV Diversity Dual Tuner since they took over the service. Prior to EyeTV 4 version of the software, my product worked wonderfully, and I could move up and down the timeline of tv shows without problem. Then with the software upgrade required when my Mac OS need to be upgraded, it no longer has dual tuner and I can only move up and down the timeline in jumps of a few seconds using the arrows. Even the user interface is inferior and they took away the floating controller. Now I can't even get it to work. All I get is a 'device cannot be initialized' message and the appropriate link for this issue on Geniatech's website doesn't work. Geniatech didn't upgrade EyeTV; they destroyed it!

Edited by Wayne Lyons