Rainer

eyeTV 4 Mac does not connect to Netstream 4C

With version 8519 no connection between eyeTV 4 Mac and Jetstream 4C is possible. eyeTV always responds no device found. Older version do connect as well as iOS app. Netstream 4C is integrated in the network via WiFi repeater.

Furthermore no tv recording is possible in sleep mode of a MacBook (cover closed), only a few KB are recorded and than the recording stops. In former eyetv 3 this recording was possible. Please add this feature also to eyetv 4.

Can confirm this problem with 8519 from update-message, also have the Netstream 4c. Also strange is, that it tells you no device found, but opens a transculent window which can't be closed by clicking the close button, the menu item works tho.

The download from the homepage https://www.geniatech.eu/download/eyetv-4-0-0-8518-64-bit-mac-version/ (which is still 8518) works.

At my installation:

• Mac Catalina,
  • EyeTV 4 build 8519

the EyeTV 4 lost connection to Netstream 4C. the 'EyeTV Setup Assistant' can't find the Netstream.

Pinging the Netstream doesn't give any replies. I tried to reset the Netstream box - still no reply to the ping. Pinging the Netstream doing boot will give 1-3 replies, but the box ending up dead. Scanning all port doesn't give open ports.

The iOS app cannot connect (find) the Netstream.

The Nettream box has been running for many years. I have never been asked to do firmware updates. It sounds to me as the EyeTV 4 has been fiddling with the Netstream on its own.

Anyone with experiences of booting/updating the Netstream box over one of the USB ports?

I'm a very long-time user of this system and it's tightly coupled with a complex workflow developed over many years. It's very sad if this will be 'game-over'

Very best regards

/jens

Downgraded to 8518 as the update fails detecting Network IPTV with SAT> IP Server hardware (i use a digibit twin). Anyone knows if that feature is just droppped or will it be fixed? Issues reported, but no response received.