Jass Bcn

EYETV3 TO EYETV4

hey guys.  i also upgraded to eyetv4 only to find out it didn't work.  there is a solution.  simply return your computer to the mojave OS and never upgrade.  may not be the best solution but it will most definitely work.  eyetv is a terrific piece of software.  best editing tool i've ever used.  but the upgrade is no good at all.  if you want it back, downgrade now.  Mojave forever!!! 😉

I’m not a big Fan of Big Sur, but recently I have to “updated” my TV/Media Station Mac to Mac OS11 just to test it.

Unfortunately I needed to upgrade also my EyeTV 3 to the 64bit software EyeTV 4.

I should knew it, after all these bad reviews, but after a public beta test, I have expected a better running optimized version 4.0.0 

What a big dissapointment, only a cooler facelift with the little logos of the TV stations, but it's function got worse. It's horrible to cut videos. I really recommend, only install it, if you need to. @tennisearl@yahoo.com totally agree, better stay at Mojave – specially if you have to work with older software like me…

Hi, I can’t really understand why Elgato sold their TV business – they are still. First I have expected they are bankrupt.

But still alive and busy selling capture cards, but more focused on gaming, streaming, broadcasting…

While geniatech seems like just doing it like Google, Apple etc. Get some "innovative" software technology and let it die.… Offer their own – well not really…

I wish there is a open source alternative like OBS for EyeTV.

Just bought and installed Eye TV 4. I had no choice with the upgrade to Catalina on the Mac.  Can't believe that the UI for the TV 4 is so inferior to the UI for eye TV 3. 

Very disappointing. Keep it up and you are destined to lose all your customers in droves. 

I will be looking for alternative products. Shame it was a great product before the upgrade.

On 8/17/2021 at 9:22 PM, rdc said:

Just bought and installed Eye TV 4. I had no choice with the upgrade to Catalina on the Mac.  Can't believe that the UI for the TV 4 is so inferior to the UI for eye TV 3. 

Very disappointing. Keep it up and you are destined to lose all your customers in droves. 

I will be looking for alternative products. Shame it was a great product before the upgrade.

I'm sorry to read about your ETV4 experience.

Personally, I have given up on them. I'm still using Mojave but have stopped recording with ETV3 and use Plex instead. The biggest downside to Plex is the inability to edit recordings. ETV3 was very good at that. I'm also not bothering with ETV4 when I finally move to Big Sur. I used Eye TV for many years and am sorry to quit but it is what it is.