gilken

EyeTV 4 problems with multiple satellites

Configuration: Mac mini 2012, Catalina, EyeTV Sat with Conax decoder card, two satellite dishes with 3 heads ( 5W, 0.8W, and 19,2E), DiSEqC 1.0 switch, EyeTV 4 (8520)

The satellite setup is defined in the Devices->EyeTV Sat->Sevice:->Satellite Setup

EyeTV 4 (8520) can switch between the heads using DiSEqC and can scan all three satellite positions as evidenced in the EyeTVAutotune logs. However, only the Astra channels at 19.2E can be shown in the All Channels pane since it is not possible to select satellites in that pane. All other channels only exist in the tuning logs.

The transponder definitions for 5W in the EyeTV application->Show Package Contents->Resources->Satellites->3550.xml are for Atlantic Bird 3 which is superceded by Eutelsat 5 West B with different transponder definitions and should be updated.

Hi Gilken

You specify files 3550.xml  and.  Satellites.xml .

Could you please list the exact edits to replace Atlantic Bird 3 wth Eutelsat 5 West B ?

Help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Brian Coleman

brian.coleman.velchron@gmail.com

Hi Brian

The file Satellites.xml defines the satellite  names and positions. The file 3550.xml defines the parameters for each channel on the transponders. Both files are hidden in the application. Right-click on it in the Finder and select Contents -> Resources -> Satellites. In there you find Satellites.xml and 3550.xml.

Satellite.xml  contains the name and position in tenth degrees for each satellite. It would be easy to change the name to Eutelsat 5 West B.

3550.xml contains 55 children, one per TV channel, with 20 items each per channel for the satelite Atlantic Bird 3. It would be a lot trickier change the 20 items per channel. Most of items are defined by their names. The rest have to be intelligent guesses, I suppose. Check https://www.lygsat.com/atlantic.html and check under 5.0˚ W.

I tried the EyeTV 4 (8528) but I got no signal from from position 5 W. I suspect something is wrong with DiSEqC-signal, head selector switch, or the head itself. 1˚W and 19.2˚E are OK.

I gave up on Geniatech in 2020, I didn't think they would ever produce something as good as EyeTV 3.6, and so far they certainly have not. So I went back to the Mac mini 2012, MacOS High Sierra, and 32 bits because that works. I hope the mini will hold out for a long time yet . 5˚W was not very important to me so I have not yet tried to troubleshoot it.

I am afraid I cannot help you more than this. It has after all been almost three years since I gave up on Geniatech and you do forget. ElGato did us a great disservice to sell out to the Chinese, of all people.

Regards

Gilbert Kennedy

helmershus115@icloud.com