Bent Lohnsen

Export to .mp4 does not work

Are we talking of EyeTV 4 (8520) on a mac with MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 ? Okay, than I found a workaround. As I also couldn't find the export to mp4 I took the original .eyetv file of the record and converted it with iSkysoft Video Converter Ultimate (11.6.2) to mp4. This works perfect. Maybe, that it works as well with other video converters such as Movavi Video Converter Premium, which is nearly the same program.
Regards,
Manuel

ReiVilo's solution works great to convert the file into a valid .mp4 but it loses all the meta-data that EyeTV had for me like:

- duration

- year

- IMDb Description ( which in EyeTV v4 I have had to enter manually anyway)

- Crew:

ReiVilo's solution works great to convert the file into a valid .mp4 but it loses all the meta-data that EyeTV had for me like:

- duration

- year

- IMDb Description ( which in EyeTV v4 I have had to enter manually anyway)

- Crew:

Looks like EyeTV 4 still has an AppleScript Dictionary which is available from Apple's Script Editor.

And that dictionary has a special "export' item.

It appears to still have quite few options listed so I guess I will have to give it a try - but Export should really should just work in EyeTV 4 without us having to write our own scripts.

371071519_EyeTV4AppleScriptDictionary.png.8b0fd175a2d23dea17d59756f57e7b7d.png