Sign in to follow this  
daniel.ruffin

EyeTV4 Hybrid and Catalina

new EyeTV4   with Hybrid (Catalina Mac OS ) skips suddenly eveytime I connect an analogically device, on pressing the recording button.

I must resign and go back yo EyeTV3 through  Time Machine (GOJAVE). Pitiful!

On 2/1/2020 at 12:09 PM, daniel.ruffin said:

new EyeTV4   with Hybrid (Catalina Mac OS ) skips suddenly eveytime I connect an analogically device, on pressing the recording button.

I must resign and go back yo EyeTV3 through  Time Machine (GOJAVE). Pitiful!

Same here.

But 64Bit version (EyeTv) is the only version I can use with Catalina...

Asked to support for help...

I am coming back, using Hybrid, since the  last issues of eyeTV43 then eyeTV4 MAC, I expected to reach the same quality and qualified running for Mac Catalina than with MOJAVE (eyeTV3).

Las, the same problem occurs from the beginning with eyeTV4 (4.0.0 8521) which  skips and vanishes  as soon  as I press  to record a video ,coming through  the analogically Hyprid component. Anyway This does not happen when recording any TVchannel.

I am contrived to come back to  the MOJAVE system, fit with eyeTV3 which still works perfectly.

I regret, I cannot use your software any more with Mac OS X Catalina. Don't rely on  me to have fun in any case . This is a failure which lasts too long now.

i just purchased the update for Catalina and it crashes every time i hit 'record'. in other words, it is absolutely worthless to me. apparently, i'm not the only one. 

using the EyeTV 2 with RCA input dongle on my iMac, running OS 10.15.3

On 10/5/2020 at 5:24 PM, coaltv said:

Mac Book Pro mid 2012, 2TB ssd, 16 GB Ram, it works fine for me, recording fine, can't export it, but that was clear bevor I bought it

Can you record composite (yellow RCA input)? I can record TV, but not RCA input.

EyeTv 4 is for Big Sur.  However, I would not buy it.  I just did, and it has crashing issues.  Let them fix it first. 

If you're smart with hard drive partitions or external drives, it's relatively easy to install an old version of MacOS there, and use it to run your original Eye Tv software.