Chris_ES

EyeTV4 netstream4sat lo-res streams only

I use netstream4sat. It works fine with EyeTv3 on my other Macs.

Now switching to a fresh Catalina (no upgrade) and EyeTV4 (4.0.0. - v8520).

EyeTV seems to work well. Recordings were made. Usually I exported my recording to iTunes (via h.264 conversion by Handbrake).

Export doesn't work (seems stuck, no final file) but opening the package in finder does reveal the transport stream file (.ts).

Unfortunately the .ts seems to be downsampled from the high res recording to standard definition - which seems odd (hi -res logo but lo-res recording, VLC and handbrake tell it's a lo-res video).

It seems eyetv4sat is downsampling on any reason. Same recording with EyeTV 3 gets a hi-res stream.

Any suggestions on how to force the netstream4sat and EyeTV4 to hi-res streams?

Thanks Chris

I use netstream4sat. It works fine with EyeTv3 on my other Macs.

Now switching to a fresh Catalina (no upgrade) and EyeTV4 (4.0.0. - v8520).

EyeTV seems to work well. Recordings were made. Usually I exported my recording to iTunes (via h.264 conversion by Handbrake).

Export doesn't work (seems stuck, no final file) but opening the package in finder does reveal the transport stream file (.ts).

Unfortunately the .ts seems to be downsampled from the high res recording to standard definition - which seems odd (hi -res logo but lo-res recording, VLC and handbrake tell it's a lo-res video).

It seems eyetv4sat is downsampling on any reason. Same recording with EyeTV 3 gets a hi-res stream.

Any suggestions on how to force the netstream4sat and EyeTV4 to hi-res streams?

Thanks Chris

Hi Chris_ES,

If you go to Eye Tv SAT>IP app (on IOS device), Under devices menu you can force the device to stream only original stream ( default value is Automatic if i recall it right)

Edited by fissionbomb

Same problem for me in the UK.  Eyetv 4 8517 shows HD streams without a problem, but from 8519 and later these streams are downgraded to an SD resolution.  I've had a look on the SAT>IP app and there seems to be no option to change the transcoding settings.

Same problem here in germany - very frustrating watching SD video on a large 86" 4k TV.

Unbelievable that Geniatech is not fixing this problem since months.

This software release is a joke !

Mike

On 5/26/2020 at 12:54 PM, TonyW said:

Same problem for me in the UK.  Eyetv 4 8517 shows HD streams without a problem, but from 8519 and later these streams are downgraded to an SD resolution.  I've had a look on the SAT>IP app and there seems to be no option to change the transcoding settings.

It is kinda strange. this is what i see... There is a menu for that.. and i dont know why i have it and you guys dont have it

IMG_2824.jpg

Edited by fissionbomb

Very intererssting fissionbomb - is this a Samsung eyeTV app you are using or did you just use Airtplay to stream to your TV - it is definitely no MacOS Desktop.

Please HELP fissionbomb !!!

Mike

I checked it - it is an Apple TV App setup - not available on macOS.

Might be interessting, too: The live TV window is same size in SD and HD when setted to any size (Half/Normal/Double" but the content of HD looks crisper.  Recordings seem to be all SD - no matter which channel selected (SD/HD).

Still no answer from Geniatech - keep trying.

Edited by Mikey

I'm eyetv4 8523 with netstream4sat and getting SD on HD channels.

TonyW above mentions HD is ok on eyetv4 8517.

I can't see any older versions available for download, does anyone have 8517 I could get hold of?

Thanks 

Decided to give up on eyetv4 with Netstream 4sat until things are fixed.

I've installed Mojave on an external disk on my mac mini and gone back to eyetv3.

Same here (Germany), Eye TV4 (8523) on Catalina, Eye TV4Sat and SD on HD-Channels. Very annoying! In earlier (Beta-) Versions it worked in HD ...

Edited by StefanG

I have the same issue with Netstream4sat that every HD chanel is in low-res. I opened a ticket in January, but got no feedback. Would like to test this Beta build 8525. Hope it will be released soon.

Update: With the new build HD works well for most of the channels now. The entire transponder with "Tagesschau 24 HD" and "ONE HD" doesn't work at all (is kinda dead). Deleting these channels and doing a search for new channels didn't solve it.