Moongravy

Can't view channels on COM8 (Freeview UK)

I don't use eyetv that frequently so can't really say when this started happening. I did a rescan earlier to refresh the channel list & noticed BBC 4 HD & a few others are missing.

It looks like all channels on Com8 are missing.

I use an HDHomerun. I've tried eyetv 3.6.9 7520 & 7528. HDHomerun’s own software works fine & my PVR (using the same Aerial) picks up the missing channels fine.

The channels are not found in a rescan but are still present on another machine that I’ve not performed a rescan on for a while. Tune into BBC 4 HD (for example) on this machine & the channel displays briefly before showing ‘No Signal’. The audio continues to play. If I set the channel to record, the video plays back fine.

Checking the signal meter in Preferences reveals 100% signal strength, but 0% signal quality.

COM8 has recently started broadcasting as a single frequency network & I think I live close enough to two main transmitters to pick up at least a bit from a secondary. Maybe eyetv doesn’t like this? I think the same is true for Com7 though and the channels on that mux are fine.

SD & HD channels are both affected.

Not sure if I can't receive COM8, but my HDHomerun will not tune in BBC Four HD. However, the HDHomerun software itself DOES pick it up. I've tried re-scanning many time with all options tried.

Other issues:

1. Will not decode surround sound broadcasts. Just plays the Left and Right channels.

2. Recording do not stop recording. Crashes when force stopped.

Just did a bit of googling and can confirm that BBC FOUR HD is on COM8 from Sandy Heath. So I can confirm Moongravy's issue. As I said the device IS capable of receiving the channel as HDHomerun s/w picks it up no problem.

Yeah, sounds like the same problem that I'm having. Seen on the web that a few Panasonic Freeview boxes are having similar issues since the changes to COM8. This also looks like a software problem.

Anyone know if version 4 has the same issue?

Looks as though COM 8 will be removed from Freeview very shortly. So missing channels will be re-mapped onto the COMs. This means channels such as BBC Four HD will then work on EyeTV.

(Forget EyeTV 4 and run EyeTV 3 under parallels, you will never want to see EyeTV 4 again)

I have had this issue on BBC4, I fixed it by doing a re-scan after 7pm and the channel appeared. The other possible check, is put a variable attenuator on the RF input, as sometimes a strong signal swamps the RF front end and the weaker signals cannot be resolved.