tennisearl@yahoo.com

Eye TV 3 Hardware

I bought EyeTV in 2015 primarily for its record and edit features.  I accidentally downloaded Catalina not realizing it would void access to EyeTV.  I have three questions.  (1) will my current eye tv 3  hardware work if i upgrade to eye tv 4? The hardware is the silver box connected to my cable box that plugs into my Mac computer via USB.  (2) will i need the serial # from eye TV 3 anymore because i don't have it. (i do have the product key.)  (3) If i go to the trouble of removing Catalina from my computer will eye tv still work?

(3) Yes, if you downgrade from Catalina you can re-set up your EyeTV. It's not a simple process as you really should backup everything as you'll have to wipe your drive of all data and find a way to install an older OS. To reinstall a system, I'd suggest using Internet Recovery which gives you the option of installing the OS your Mac came with instead of reinstalling Catalina. More here https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/downgrade-macos-3581872/

(2) As far as I know, all you need is the product key to activate the software for the new install. However that's half the battle, you'll have to set up the program guide once again so be sure you still know the account ID and password you used for that.

(1) I haven't done that, dunno, my guess is you have a EyeTV HD (component outputs?) and it should be supported but perhaps someone will confirm.