Chas4

Spammers in the forums

There is over 106 pages of spam in the BETA - software code as it is forum section (I can't report all of them due to the massive massive amount of spam)

4 hours ago, Chas4 said:

There is over 106 pages of spam in the BETA - software code as it is forum section (I can't report all of them due to the massive massive amount of spam)

I hopefully deleted all of it. I try to remove all the trash but have to repeat again that I'm not a moderator volunteer. I just subscribed early to the forum and have obtained this "status" by coincidence. As long as it does not disturb my usual activities too much, I will go on but clearly would prefer a higher involvement on the Geniatech side.

I joined after I manually found out about the EyeTV 4 beta (I had requested to be informed about the beta over a year ago but that was never notified).  Looks like 

Could it be that you wanted to write more? Guess so. Well, what can I say? Elgato, then Geniatech and most probably also Apple with its continuously degrading software quality put all of us in a quite delicate situation. After the EyeTV 4 beta became more and more what it is I finally gave up using it and am now completely relying on an independently running Linux receiver solution (it would be nice, however, to be able to control/program it via EyeTV on macOS). The remaining Netstream 4sat device only serves our iOS clients in case there’s an urgent TV need there.

Concerning my unwanted moderator job I fear to have to give it up soon as this forum mainly serves as a continuous spam feed and even deleting all the authors of those stupid content on a daily basis seems only to stimulate their activities.

On 4/15/2020 at 12:53 PM, David Andel said:

Could it be that you wanted to write more? Guess so. Well, what can I say? Elgato, then Geniatech and most probably also Apple with its continuously degrading software quality put all of us in a quite delicate situation. After the EyeTV 4 beta became more and more what it is I finally gave up using it and am now completely relying on an independently running Linux receiver solution (it would be nice, however, to be able to control/program it via EyeTV on macOS). The remaining Netstream 4sat device only serves our iOS clients in case there’s an urgent TV need there.

Concerning my unwanted moderator job I fear to have to give it up soon as this forum mainly serves as a continuous spam feed and even deleting all the authors of those stupid content on a daily basis seems only to stimulate their activities.

David, let us to help you with this spam cleaning. cause it s getting crazy here. do you know how to get this rights, i mean moderator rights?

Does ti matter ? Is this company even alive ?

do they do their job ? do you expect anything from them now ?

Is there an ACTUAL  ALTERNATIVE for eyetv that works or only via virtualbox, someone says something about another software that can run windows software or MACOs without installing an actual image. . I actually have give up , i want to upgrade to Catallina but i can't