Steve Colgan

Eyetv 64bit Mac redundant software

Bought eyetv 64bit for Mac. Wish I’d done my due diligence. I didn’t realise until after I had purchased two FireWire adapters that the compatible devices that worked with eyetv 64bit were the ones that were highlighted. All the other devices listed were not highlighted but still in the list. Namely my eyetv 200. I only use eyetv to connect my N64 to my Mac. I also own the terratec cinergy 400 usb. Both of these devices actually are listed in the eyetv 64bit software but are not detected when plugged in. The hardware that is compatible with eyetv 64bit doesn’t have svideo connection. No good to me. I have to look at other options. Backwards compatibility for devices would have been great. Shame. 

Hhmmm...Can't seem to replicate after quitting. I had been messing with my two devices with a Mojave VM in Parallels when Eyetv 64bit popped up on Catalina with the N64 connected. I didnt actually try advancing from the game menu and seeing if everything was working properly. I'm going to tinker again and see if i can get it working again. I will report back.

I have the eyetv 200 working with eyetv64bit and eyetv 200 on Catalina. It appears to work when Mojave VM in Parallels with Eyetv3 is on. Quitting the VM doesnt seem to affect the eyetv4 functioning. I'm not sure how it works yet. Eyetv4 appeared to start up when i connected the cinergy 400 to the VM as well. More tinkering and i'll hopefully get a clearer understanding as to whats happening.