Vanessa

How do I setup EyeTV to connect to a SAT>IP server?

EyeTV 3.6.4 and above can access SAT>IP servers that are available on your local network.

The process of connecting to SAT>IP servers is very straightforward:

1.  Go to the EyeTV menu, and select the Setup Assistant.
  2. When asked to Choose Hardware, select Network / IPTV, and SAT>IP Server
  3.  EyeTV will then allow to you select which SAT>IP servers you want to use on that Mac. They will be listed in a drop down menu

After you select a SAT>IP server, then check “Enable this device” to make it active in EyeTV.

If you want EyeTV to always use new SAT>IP servers on your network, then check “Automatically enable new devices”.

Please Note: EyeTV only supports officially certified SAT>IP devices, as listed at http://www.satip.info/

FAQ Geniatech Website

So I opened a ticket for this.. to be told "But your hardware is not from us. We can't support that , sorry."
I bough this because the EyeTV Netstream 4Sat is impossible to find !! 
The kathrein EXIP 414E SAT>IP server is on the page of SAT>IP device that you claim to support :
https://www.geniatech.eu/eyetv/fr/product/eyetv-3/#informations-techniques
Last in the list, bottom of the page
this post : https://eyetvforum.com/index.php?/topic/86-how-do-i-setup-eyetv-to-connect-to-a-satip-server/#comment-86
goes as far as stating "Please Note: EyeTV only supports officially certified SAT>IP devices, as listed at http://www.satip.info/" .. which mean .. they are supported.
Same on this page : https://www.geniatech.eu/eyetv/faq/how-do-i-setup-eyetv-to-connect-to-a-satip-server/

The kathrein EXIP 414E SAT>IP server. can scan all channels when using a different application (Tested on OS X with DVBLink player), so I know this is not a limitation of the device.
So what gives !! I was hoping that customer support and bug fixes were going to be better now that EyeTV is owned by Geniatech .. but it looks like it's as bad as when it was owned by Elgato.

So either remove all "unsupported" device from your site, or make your own device actually available ( where can we buy the EyeTV Netstream 4Sat !!! impossible to find anywhere in France, UK, Germany ...)... or fix this !

@repineau, thanks for your notes and clear words, basically any sat>ip server should work fine, we need to check, and we are not aware that Kathrein EXIP 414E SAT>IP server has a new firmware / experience some changes, we gonna check.

For the new eyetv netstream 4sat (refresh), please stay tuned - we perform some final testing here at our labs and expect to be available on etail shelf by mid mid march, but be informed first volumes are reserved for direct + private customers only and can be only ordered pre - ordered direct from us. if you interested, please send inquiry to GTESALES@geniatech.com.

kind regards

Mike

There is no new firmware for the 414E (mine is running version 0.5.35 which is the latest based on the software update from the tuner itself and their website). I know the tuner working as expected as DVBLink can scan all the transponder for channels and get them all. This leaves EyeTV3 as the culprit.

As for the eyetv netstream 4sat , now that I already invested my money in the Kathrein EXIP 414E, I'm not going to buy yet another device as this one should work (as explained in my previous post), but thanks for the offer.

Rodolphe

On 9/2/2017 at 1:30 PM, Mikyesun said:

@repineau, thanks for your notes and clear words, basically any sat>ip server should work fine, we need to check, and we are not aware that Kathrein EXIP 414E SAT>IP server has a new firmware / experience some changes, we gonna check.

I own a OctopusNet C2/T2 device, because I have subscription channels (unfortunately your device do not support pay TV). EyeTV 3 can scan for DVB-T channels, but not for DVB-C or DVB-T2 channels.

When do you plan to add support for DVB-C and DVB-T2? Most other software I've tested with, works with both standards.

I installed the latest EyeTV (7519), and I still can scan channels on my SAT>IP kathrein EXIP 414E.

As a reminder .. I can scan all transponders and find channels with with DVBLink player, so the kathrein EXIP 414E is not the issue here.. this is really an EyeTV bug and as the product page clearly state that SAT>IP servers are supported I would expect this to be solved and work as advertised !.

So do you plan on fixing this ?! Do I need to send you my device as apparently you don't have the fund to get one and test !?

Rodolphe

Edited by rpineau

On 22.7.2017 at 8:19 PM, rpineau said:

I installed the latest EyeTV (7519), and I still can scan channels on my SAT>IP kathrein EXIP 414E.

As a reminder .. I can scan all transponders and find channels with with DVBLink player, so the kathrein EXIP 414E is not the issue here.. this is really an EyeTV bug and as the product page clearly state that SAT>IP servers are supported I would expect this to be solved and work as advertised !.

So do you plan on fixing this ?! Do I need to send you my device as apparently you don't have the fund to get one and test !?

Rodolphe

Rudolphe - not getting your error, if you set the installation-assistent choose as on the picture, eyetv 3 do not find the kathrein EXIP 414E?

EyeTV_Setup-Assistent_SatYIP_Server.jpg

Yes. The tuner is detected and as I imported a channel lineup saved from another setup with a different tuner (a friend of mine exported his channel lineup and sent it to me). So I can select channels and watch the channels that were imported from another EyeTV

But if I do an auto-tune, no channel are detected, If I add channel by hand for a know transponder, no channel are detected :

Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 20.27.35 PM.png

Edited by rpineau

15 hours ago, rpineau said:

Yes. The tuner is detected and as I imported a channel lineup saved from another setup with a different tuner (a friend of mine exported his channel lineup and sent it to me). So I can select channels and watch the channels that were imported from another EyeTV

But if I do an auto-tune, no channel are detected, If I add channel by hand for a know transponder, no channel are detected :

Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 20.27.35 PM.png

understand, does it happen with any satellite, e.g. Astra 19,2 as well? 

I only have one dish pointing to 28.2E on the roof of a building.. so I can't really point it somewhere else.

But other tuner (borrowed from friends), both SAT>IP and firewire can scan all the transponder and find the channels.. so this is really a bug in EyeTV with the kathrein EXIP 414E (and may be some other SAT>IP servers). This issue was confirmed by Geniatech support by email saying that they have found an incompatibility with the kathrein EXIP 414E.

As this is a certified SAT>IP server I think this means some other SAT>IP server might also have the same issue.. and of course they can't guaranty that they will fix it as this is an incompatibility with a device that is not theirs.... even though they claim full support for certified SAT>IP server ( "Please Note: EyeTV only supports officially certified SAT>IP devices, as listed athttp://www.satip.info/ " .. which is where I looked to select a tuner ... the kathrein EXIP 414E...).

Rodolphe