Just adding my voice to the bugs I see on EyeTV 64 for macOS
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 16 GB
SDD 250 GB Free
- Just ran "EyeTV Reporter.app" to delete all previous versions.
- reinstalled latest off web site. Installed next upgrade from API check v4 (8520)
These are all new bugs new in 4 (well one was in v3 too)
1) The Table of contents should not be in english alphabetical order. The current order is wrong. "Recordings" is the most important thing, it should up the top. It should probably be like v3
2) ESC key does not undo Full screen mode.
3) COMMAND-W does not undo Full Screen mode
4) Double clicking Full screen window does undo Full Screen mode but COMMAND-W is disabled. It should be Enabled.
5) at app launch, TV window appears despite pref settings saying don't do this. This was a v3 bug too. Must be hard to fix
6) Mac transitions are jumpy. Could they be turned off or made to not look so stuttery
7) COMMANDS 1, 2, 3, 4 windows are all defaulting to the wrong place (well not the wrong place for 2,3 but wrong for 1 and 4. eg "1" has 25% of the screen out off the window buffer on the lower right hand corner of the window. I think it should either remeber the last place the '1' window was or default to dead centre in the middle of the window. Certainly not 25% outside max right
Similarly with 2, either back where the use left it or smack middle of the screen
Similarly with 3, either back where the use left it or smack middle,
I would have thought the default should be dead centre, then user defined.
4 should start top left (not bottom right) then max right (- Dock) and max bottom (- Dock) depending where Dock is and if it is visible
8) CNTL SHIFT Z What a strange result. At first, pressing this key combo 3 times, caused the window to jump to 3 different sizes. Then it seem to remember the last position and cycle between it and COMMAND 4 window. SO that's OK but why doesn't CNTL SHIFT Z Enter Full Screen?
9) Enter Full Screen doesn't have a Menu short cut. Double click acts a good substitute
10) Exit Full Screen doesn't have a Menu short cut. Double click acts a good substitute
11) Exit Full Screen and Double click leaves COMMAND W Disabled. It can be re-enabled by forcing focus onto "EyeTV 4 Programs" window and then bring focus back to the "recordings" window. This is an annoying bug when you are a Keyboard ninja (oh I see that i have this already above. Oh well, I've spent enough time already on this report...
12) Watching a recording 15 minutes after it has started and was still recording showed the recording but it stuttered multiple times per second. watchable but annoying. Once the recording is finished it replays normally
13) EPG font and layout is too small. This software is designed to be used from a long way away. The font size should be able to user defined and set to huge for those who sit away from the TV on the lounge.
14) One touch recording should be re-enabled. Now it takes two clicks
15) that'll do for today. Thanks for reading
Dr Gerard Hammond