Rammy

Sorting channels

Sorting channels

There is no way to sort the channels, is there?

I'm running EyeTV 4 8528 on Ventura. Sorting the found channels manually will not change the sorting number. Importing the channel list from an older build is simply not working, it will always reset to the default channel list.

I was looking for an xml file or something similar that stores the information about the channels, in the hopes of rewriting it to sort the channels that way, but there doesn't appear to be a file that stores the channels? At least not one that I can edit, like the .eyetvloc file.

It seems like the most basic feature for an application like EyeTV, but like so many other things, it's just not possible. I really wish Geniatech would spend more time and effort making EyeTV 4 the application that EyeTV 3 once was.

This also drove me nuts. As it turns out there is a command in the context menu of the channel list (right click or control click) that reads "Apply default sort order". For me it does just the opposite: It enables a personal sort order. The German translation "Sender neu sortieren" ("new sorting order") seems clearer.

This might help - although in my EyeTV the column is the one most left, column of littles squares.

Choose all channels by clicking the headline square and drag channels.

https://www.geniatech.eu/faq/how-do-i-sort-the-order-of-my-channels-in-eyetv/

After you Auto Tune in EyeTV, it’s possible that they may not be in the order you expect.

Sorting the channel order in EyeTV is a simple process:

1) Go to the EyeTV Programs window.

2) Visit the Channels section.

3) There are many columns at the top of the window. One has a “#” sign.

4) Highlight the blank column to the left of the “#” sign. That blank column will turn blue.

EyeTV Sorting Channels.png

On 11/22/2023 at 11:28 AM, Il Gatto said:

This also drove me nuts. As it turns out there is a command in the context menu of the channel list (right click or control click) that reads "Apply default sort order". For me it does just the opposite: It enables a personal sort order. The German translation "Sender neu sortieren" ("new sorting order") seems clearer.

Thanks Il Gatto!

Selecting "Sender neu sortieren" will indeed let me rearrange the channels!

The only problem is that the channel numbers don't change. For example, if I press 7 on my keyboard, not the channel that is on the seventh place of my channel list will be shown, but the one that was initially assigned the number 7. 🫣

Were you able to fix that somehow?

On 12/2/2023 at 7:05 AM, aritase said:

This might help - although in my EyeTV the column is the one most left, column of littles squares.

Choose all channels by clicking the headline square and drag channels.

https://www.geniatech.eu/faq/how-do-i-sort-the-order-of-my-channels-in-eyetv/

Unfortunately this seems to be a help topic for EyeTV 3. In EyeTV 4 there is no blank column to the left of the “#” sign.