dannnn

How do you scan for channels manually?

How do you scan for channels manually?

I find dead ends everywhere.  One place said to click on the gear at the TOP of the channels section.  No gear there. Gear at the bottom had nothing to do with what the guide said I'd find.  One talked of downloading a channel guide.  But when I tried, I got an error message saying I had no internet connection.  Researched that message and absolutely none of te stuff applied.  

Do you mean tuning for channels? Click on your device in the sidebar and you will see "Auto-Tune". You will have several options in that menu.

From the gear at the bottom of the All Channels section you can manually add channels among other options.

I'm not sure if you understand what I mean: I don't want to auto-tune; I want to be able to manually tune.  Like, as OPPOSED to automatically tune?  The gear at the bottom doesn't have any options for manually adding channels; if you mean "channel update," that always says I don't have an internet connection.

On 10/2/2023 at 1:45 PM, dannnn said:

I'm not sure if you understand what I mean: I don't want to auto-tune; I want to be able to manually tune.  Like, as OPPOSED to automatically tune?  The gear at the bottom doesn't have any options for manually adding channels; if you mean "channel update," that always says I don't have an internet connection.

You are right. I do not understand. I am pretty sure your tuning device (mine is a EyeTV Hybrid US 2008) has to *scan* before you get channels listed in All Channels window. All programming guides purchased through Geniatech are not available. Not sure what your "no internet connection" means. Did you have a service before? Had you set up an alternative service? (I am using XMLTV Listings in US.)

In US if you change EPG for channels to ATSC/OpenCable you can get a (48 hour?) program guide.

Below is the popup menu from the gear icon in All Channels window. If you want to try to add a channel not listed you would need to know its frequency. 

I hope we are getting closer to what you need here. I will try to check back sooner.

EyeTVScreenSnapz016.jpg