eweri

EyeTV 4 - AppleScript problem

Hello!

I was running EyeTV 3 on my Mac mini as video library for my iPad and MacBook Pro. The EPG was updated by an AppleScript that was running every night, opened a player window waited 30 seconds and than selects the next channel. the scripts quits after 10 -15 minutes and my EPG was always up to date.

Last week I upgraded my Mac mini to Catalina and EyeTV 4. I tried my script but the command "open player_window" does not work with EyeTV 4. If a player window is already open, my script loops throught the channels as expected. I even allowed my script to access EyeTV at the security preferences under automation, but this does not change anything. 

Looks like the command "open player_window" is broken or is interfering with some security feature of Catalina.

If someone else found a solution I would appreciate a comment.

I reported this problem to Geniatech support.

Bye,

eweri

Not sure if this is of any use, my script to switch to the player window stopped working in v4, I just got round to looking into it, I noticed that if it is playing and I click the dock icon for EyeTV then it flips over to the player window, couldn't find any other way to do that. The code for it is:

tell application "System Events"
	tell its process "Dock"
		tell its list 1
			tell its UI element "EyeTV"
				click
			end tell
		end tell
	end tell
end tell

If EyeTV isn't running then it launches it. If it was running but not playing then it switches to the app. If it was playing though, then it switches to the playing window. I couldn't find a way to make that work in v4 as player_window/player_windows/open player/show player etc all seem broken. (what a surprise).

I usually let it update the EPG via DVB on it's own, I did write a script for it in Keyboard Maestro but I don't bother with it any more, it mostly seems to stay up to date, one of the few bits that does still work!!

Anyway, might be of use, if not ignore it.

All the best.

Mark.