reagan0

This EPG doesn't live up to its description...

According to the description in EyeTV renewal dialog, the EPG is supposed to provide a detailed description of each program. It does not. It provides exactly NO description of any of the programs listed. Of course, once you click on the renewal link in EyeTV, and you're brought to the online product page, there is no product description, so it's really bait and switch.

This EPG is no better than xmltv, and provides even less information. In addition to providing NO program descriptions, episode numbers lack the season/series number, so you have no idea what season/series of the program you're watching. And I still have to refer to multiple external programming guides to figure out what programs are coming up, so I can decide what I want to watch. Also, the episode titles are truncated! Hey, this is 2020, fields can be longer than 36 characters!

This is not what I paid for. I paid for a fully functional programming guide. This is rubbish.

Yes, I also purchase the EPG early in 2020. It took months for Geniatech to resolve the problem of No EPG available. The EPG that I finally purchsed does not contain all of the information described. Something is seriously wrong with Geniatech. I believe that Geniatech is abandoning the North American market.

Edited by JimBob

It's been more than a year since I posted this thread, and there has been no improvement of the EPG. There are still no descriptions of the programs, and the episode numbers don't show the season (series), and the episode names contain information that should be elsewhere. The episode titles are truncated ridiculously short. All in all, I still have to rely on an external program guide for everything other than the basic data: program name, episode name (partial), start and end date/time. This is not what I paid for. I paid for an electronic program guide that is at least what was advertised. I expect it to have the same capability that it had back in the days when it was powered by TitanTV. This is a joke. I would not recommend EyeTV to anyone, in its current state.