phkc070408

Sound out of Sync

I have an Elgato EYE-TV that is hooked up to my Verizon Fios and to my MacMini.  I just downloaded the most recent version of the Eye-TV 3 software.

This is the item that I have.  https://www.amazon.com/Elgato-EyeTV-Satellite-Macintosh-10021040/dp/B003MVYTBU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1473315833&sr=8-3&keywords=elgato+eyetv

I like to record my shows and export them so I can watch them when I'm on the go.  I don't have the Eye-TV program on my laptop so I like to export them to mp4.  So I capture my video to my computer from my Fios box and it plays perfectly fine in the Eye-TV 3 app on my computer.  My problem is that when I export my videos to mp4, or any other format, the sound and video are out of sync.  Not only are they out of sync, but if I try to watch a program and deal with it, it gets worse and worse the later I get into the program.

I tried using a few different formats.  I would normally use the HD720 by default, but I tried the Apple TV and the iPad formats as well and none of them work.

I don't understand everything in this picture, but here are some of the settings that is going on.  If anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it.  TYVM!!!!

EyeTV.jpg

Better use Handbrake(.fr). It can process the .eyetv and has many advantages like very fast (as opposed tot EyeTV's conversion) and many presets.

Why? I don't know. I stopped letting EyeTV doing the conversion the moment I discovered Handbrake because speed is much higher and target file way smaller than EyeTV's target file.

It's not you doing anything wrong.

Edited by Ton