reagan0

EyeTV 4 Purchase?

EyeTV 4 Purchase?

I've had to replace my old Mac (it finally bit the dust), and I've been looking for the location to purchase EyeTV 4. I cannot find it in their product listings. I found the tech support page where I can download a copy of it, but I don't see any way to purchase it. Does anyone have any idea what is going on? I don't see any way to purchase EyeTV 3 or the EPG, either. Is Geniatech no longer selling the software or the EPG? My old software doesn't work with Maverick, which is what my "new" Mac runs, so I'm sort of panicking. Does anyone know of any other TV recording software that will run on a Mac? The last time I looked at MythTV, it had sort of fallen apart, and the Mac version was at a dead-end. I'll look again, as it has been a few years.

I would appreciate any answers, as I'm missing my shows.

On 10/13/2023 at 4:31 PM, Rick A said:

You can purchase EyeTV 4 here https://www.geniatech.eu/product/eyetv-4/ Just click on "Add to cart".  However it will not come with access to the EPG despite claiming it does.

It also doesn't detect my Hauppauge Win-TV HVR 950Q, which was plug-and-play with EyeTV 3. That makes EyeTV 4 completely useless to me. Also, I noticed that the editor doesn't function as well with my older recordings. When I compacted a couple of my old recordings, the beginnings and ends that it created were very sloppy, not clean like they are from EyeTV 3.

I was able to repair my old Mac, and it's now back in business, with EyeTV 3. I like the interface of EyeTV 3 better, anyway. I also upgraded the old beast: maxed out the RAM with 16GB, and replaced the old tiny 500GB HDDs with 2TB SSDs. This beast cooks, now. I'm looking into XML TV to replace the programming guide, but for now, I use the OpenCable schedule, in combination with the TV schedule at Zap2It to manually enter my program information (copy and paste).