ChicagoEyeTVguy2

EyeTV and North American 2009 Hybrid with FM?

I'm still chugging along on a 2012 Mac Mini running Sierra but the move up to 64-bit only Mac is inevitable; would have done so already but EyeTV is the main barrier.

I have a small collection of working tuners, I think the model is "2009" EyeTV Hybrid with FM (see image link)

https://www.wired.com/images_blogs/photos/uncategorized/2009/03/10/eyetv1.jpg

Looking through these comments it's hard to know if EyeTV 4 works with this model- would appreciate hearing from someone that has this model that EyeTV 4 is workinig with it and that they have full FM function as well, thanks.

Unfortunately, I don't have specific information about EyeTV compatibility with the North American 2009 Hybrid with FM. It's best to consult the product documentation or contact customer support for accurate details.

I also have an EyeTV Hybrid #2009 and an EyeTV One that have worked great for years in the US with EyeTV 3 software on an intel iMac running El Capitan. I just bought a 2021 iMac 24 M1 running Sonoma. I know I will need to purchase an EyeTV 4 activation key for the EyeTV 4 software on the iMac M1. Does anyone know from experience if the older tuners will work with EyeTV 4 on an M1 Mac, has anyone actually tried it? The newer U6 tuner is $100 on Amazon, whereas the activation key purchase for version 4 software is only $30.

On 4/2/2024 at 11:09 AM, Michigan iMac said:

Does anyone know from experience if the older tuners will work with EyeTV 4 on an M1 Mac, has anyone actually tried it?

I too have the EyeTV Hybrid - and I'm running it on a Mac mini with EyeTV 4, BUT with an Intel chip. It works fine, no issues.

On 2/29/2024 at 3:17 AM, ChicagoEyeTVguy2 said:

I'm still chugging along on a 2012 Mac Mini running Sierra but the move up to 64-bit only Mac is inevitable; would have done so already but EyeTV is the main barrier.

I have a small collection of working tuners, I think the model is "2009" EyeTV Hybrid with FM (see image link)

https://www.wired.com/images_blogs/photos/uncategorized/2009/03/10/eyetv1.jpg

Looking through these comments it's hard to know if EyeTV 4 works with this model- would appreciate hearing from someone that has this model that EyeTV 4 is workinig with it and that they have full FM function as well, thanks.

Running the same specs. And EyeTV4 works well with no limitations.