Sign in to follow this  
fissionbomb

"In use by another client" problem

Hi guys,

I have a problem with my EyeTV Netstream 4Sat. even two friends of mine have the same problem. from time to time EyeTV Netstream 4Sat just stops to respond and im geting "In use by another client" message.  but i am the only person using the device in my apartment.

i can ping it, ethernet connection is active but if i enter devices ip nothing happens (normally there is a landing page for EyeTV Netstream 4Sat). green/power led is lid. the blue led stops to blink.. i believe that there something with the firmware (today i have 1.1.0.402r1-V1)..  Are you guys working for a newer firmware? and yes i already factory restored it.

Same problems here. Steps:

1) Initialised, tunes and watched TV on iPhone

2) Downloaded, installed EyeTV3 3.6.9 (7520), tuned on the macOS 10.12.3. Tuning could not find any channels; through the whole tuning process the "In use by another client" was displayed in the TV window.

I then, preformed the tuning again, the second time it worked...

Needs more reliability in setup...

I used the software code from my former eyeTV DTT-Stick with NetStream 4Sat - and had the same problems (and some more).
I performed the tuning quite a hundred times (like @boyfarrell recommended above) -  and still had this problem.

Thank to @Georgio8 (*) I solved most (and this) kind of trouble with my NetStream 4Sat:

• deinstalling eyeTV 3 on all my Macs with the Reporter Tool
  • reinstall eyeTV 3 using the software code that came with the NetStream 4Sat

Perhaps this will help someone :)

*) 

Edited by Igl