cebu

Eye TV Plus - great feature, but...

poor conditions!

This new "plus"-feature to incorporate (freely accessible!) online content into EyeTV is a very good idea and could make media life easier.
I would gladly accept to pay once for this as an add-on to the original software i bought (about 12 years ago) without this feature.

A recurring payment such as planned is completely out of the question for me. Thank's but no.

For any mac user interested in free german (+ partially french) tv-content thinking likewise I'd suggest trying "MediathekView" as a (rather ugly but) quiet functional and free alternative.

Regards,
cebu

Also in many (most?) countries there are better alternatives like the info included in DVB-C/T (mostly 1 thru 4 days) or using XMLtv.

"Great feature, but..."

Eyetv Plus is not available in the US and yet it shows hundreds of channels, often over 1200.

What's the point of waggling this number in front of everyone if the service is not available, unsearchable?
I'd be quite satisfied to see UK, Australian or Canadian. Since no countries are clickable, I can only assume US is blocked from receiving any. If there is to be a monthly fee, I will probably be much less inclined to pay for free internet broadcasts, something I can bookmark on my browser.

Eyetv.jpg.6d3c053869b4a51f63e0dbe148971a98.jpg

I'm still using, and quite happy with your small (6cm x 3.5cm) EyeTV Hybrid. I haven't owned a TV in over 10 years and still get all of the local HD channels, many of which are not available on cable/satellite. My friends have no idea what channel 7.3 is.

I have paid and cannot figure out how on earth to get it working.  

I really do hate this company so much.  Sorry folks but your systems are impossible.  I've paid 30E and have been going round in circles for hours.

Hi,  I used the latest eyetv 3.x for many years on my Mac mini 2010 with an eyeTV hybrid with an antenna for USA TV recording.  The online TV guide stopped working a few years ago and I never got it to work again and just used manual recordings a few times.

After looking for other options, I decided to try again and installed EyeTV 4 yesterday on my M1 mini.  I thought the TV guide for one year came with EyeTV 4, but it didn't seem to so I had to purchase guide for North America separately.  Setting up the TV guide was a real pain and I got error messages and the link they sent me for activation didn't work.  Finally the TV guide is showing up.  I can watch live TV.  I scheduled a few shows for recording and that worked.  

I'm running:  Mac mini 2020 with M1 ARM processor, 16GB, Big Sur Version 11.1, System firmware version 6723.61.3, EyeTV 4 (8524), Premium EPG North America,. Elgato Eye TV Hybrid USB tuner (North America 2010) connected to a digital antenna (ATSC).  During the app installation I got a popup that Rosetta2 was required and I installed that.