Sign in to follow this  
Beardman

eyetv hybrid from 2007

I have an eyetv hybrid bought 2007, included software is eyetv 2 (does not work with catalina I guess).
Is there anything I can do with this piece of hardware? Does it work with eyetv 4?

hi, 

i use my Hybrid stick with EyeTV 3.6.9 – on Mac OS 10.14

for Catalina you need EyeTv 4  – except of a little facelift and 64bit , not much has changed…

unfortunately the old version doesn’t work for DVB-T in germany anymore, 

so my only use this stick is to digitalise my VHS tapes

• Like 1

I have got a Eyetv that my son gave me. It about the same year, 2007, but I can't get it work on my PB G4 2005. It simply doesn't give me the option to tune in Brazil or, even worth, doesn't open any option  to tune the VCR so I could copy some old VHS tapes. It does not work as the recording guide says. Any ideas how to work it out?

thanks

Mauro

On 5/19/2023 at 2:18 PM, Maurocau said:

I have got a Eyetv that my son gave me. It about the same year, 2007, but I can't get it work on my PB G4 2005. It simply doesn't give me the option to tune in Brazil or, even worth, doesn't open any option  to tune the VCR so I could copy some old VHS tapes. It does not work as the recording guide says. Any ideas how to work it out?

If I remember correctly, the old Elgato EyeTV Hybrid came with a cable to connect to VCR though I have never done this to see if it worked. I have a 2008 Hybrid on my iMac Retina 5K running Catalina and earlier non Clear QAM Hybrid on much older iMac. The cable is sitting in a drawer somewhere. You are connecting with the cable, yes?

On 5/23/2023 at 10:27 PM, TBinNM said:

If I remember correctly, the old Elgato EyeTV Hybrid came with a cable to connect to VCR though I have never done this to see if it worked. I have a 2008 Hybrid on my iMac Retina 5K running Catalina and earlier non Clear QAM Hybrid on much older iMac. The cable is sitting in a drawer somewhere. You are connecting with the cable, yes?

I guess there are other issues involved. Apart the problem with the VCR, the old software does not have option for Brazil TV and the updated app do have Brazil option but Elgato hardware seems to be analogic and all TV signal now is digital, so, it does not work as a receiver either....sigh. So, I gave up and bought a HDMIxUSB video capture sitck that can be used with QT or OBS, both free soft. All problem resolved...and cost a tenth of a new Elgato hardware....LOL. Anyway, thanks for your help

• Like 1