coolcat

What happened to the MyEyeTV service at my.eyetv.com?

I used to use http://my.eyetv.com to access the MyEyeTV service to connect my laptop back to my EyeTV when away from home. This is the same service that allows the iOS app to stream from EyeTV. Now when I go to the URL that I used to use I get a page on elgato's site that doesn't work. I can't find any documentation on how to access it now that Geniatech owns EyeTV. The service is obviously still up since it works on my iOS devices. Help! My wife is away from home and we just discovered this today, leaving her unable to watch the Packer's game. She's not happy with me right now....

When I want to use EyeTV from remote I simply put "IPofHome:2170/eyetv" in any browser and I can watch live & recorded TV.

Haven't used in for a long time but never had a problem. It means that port 2170 must (1) be forwarded within your local network and (2) this port must not be blocked on the remote network.

I think there are a multiple of issues.  MacOS access to the original MacOS recordings, IOS to the original MacOS recordings.  Then both of those have a travel versus home issue.

Home                                                Travel

IOS tor original MacOS recordings                WORKS                                          ?NOT WORKS {1)

my.eyetv.com                                                 WORKS (2)                                      NOT WORKS (3)

(1)  I see no server through the IOS software anymore while on the road.  MacOS EyeTV says that it is sharing & the IOS app works while at home.  The App just doesn't find any servers while on the road.

(2) The workaround seems to use the eyetv server ip, as described above, "IPofHome:2170/eyetv", secondly, eyetv on multiple computers is a functional duplicate

(3) I'm interested in the look of the URL would get "IPofHome:2170/eyetv" to reach the home IP and then the computer "IPofHome:2170/eyetv"

Just for reference to anyone, I'm using the latest IOS app 2.1.7, and the EyeTV version 3.6.9, Mac Sierra, IOS 10.12.3, and three of the new fanless SiliconDust Extends running version 20161119.  BTW, I also updated to ETVComskip 3.5.4.  

9 hours ago, marengo said:

An update:

Home                                                Travel

IOS app for original MacOS recordings        WORKS                                            WORKS {1)

my.eyetv.com                                                 WORKS (2)                                      NOT WORKS (3)

(1)  no problem with the IOS app seeing home servers

(2) The workaround seems to use the eyetv server ip, as described above, "IPofHome:2170/eyetv", secondly, eyetv on multiple computers is a functional duplicate

(3) I'm interested in the look of the URL would get "IPofHome:2170/eyetv" to reach the home IP and then the computer "IPofHome:2170/eyetv"

Just for reference to anyone, I'm using the latest IOS app 2.1.7, and the EyeTV version 3.6.9, Mac Sierra, IOS 10.12.3, and three of the new fanless SiliconDust Extends running version 20161119.  BTW, I also updated to ETVComskip 3.5.4.  

Edited by marengo

When you are remote then it is nucessary that:

-  port 2170 must be forward in your router to the computer running EyeTV

-  port 2170 must be allowed by the Firewall on the computer running EyeTV. This FW can be installeer by you are the Apple built-in, see system Preferences.

-  port 2170 must not be blokkend by the router that you remotely connect to. Some hotels block things on their Wifi,

"IPofHome:2170/eyetv" won't show recordings that are not already encoded for iPhone etc.

The EyeTV app does show all recordings and tells EyeTV (at home) to automatically encode (while you watch) the recording you choose to view. 

Edited by macaholic
Clarity

On 2017/1/15 at 11:40 PM, coolcat said:

I used to use http://my.eyetv.com to access the MyEyeTV service to connect my laptop back to my EyeTV when away from home. This is the same service that allows the iOS app to stream from EyeTV. Now when I go to the URL that I used to use I get a page on elgato's site that doesn't work. I can't find any documentation on how to access it now that Geniatech owns EyeTV. The service is obviously still up since it works on my iOS devices. Help! My wife is away from home and we just discovered this today, leaving her unable to watch the Packer's game. She's not happy with me right now....

Greetings, here's the new URL of our server:

https://services.geniatech.eu/

1. register

2. login under EyeTV 3 - preferences - iPhone - My EyeTV

3. Port 2170 (default) of your router must be allowed, as Ton said ;) 

• Like 1