bilzabub

Eytv 3.6.9 TV Guide update

so I just tried renewing my tvguide subscription and upon clicking the link in the sent e-mail, it behaved as if it had updated my subscription, but it didn't update within eyetv..There is a code link in the e-mail which I recommend using. I'm trying to fix the issue with geniatech, because now that the system thinks I've updated it won't let me update my subscription manually.

Once again they have made it impossible to upgrade the TV Guide subscription. I should be able to renew it right from EyeTV. There is no link to a purchase, nor is there a way to complain other than here I guess. I went through this a year ago and finally solved it but have no clue how to do it again.<p>

If they don't want to handle this program anymore they should sell it. I have four EyeTV HD boxes that they no longer make or support that use the EyeTV software which in my opinions the best on the market but come on people I can order anything in the world on eBay or Amazon with a couple clicks, you don't even have a place on your website to find TV Guide.

On Wednesday, December 20, 2017 4:50:03 AM at 4:50 AM, Ben said:

Once again they have made it impossible to upgrade the TV Guide subscription. I should be able to renew it right from EyeTV. There is no link to a purchase, nor is there a way to complain other than here I guess. I went through this a year ago and finally solved it but have no clue how to do it again.<p>

If they don't want to handle this program anymore they should sell it. I have four EyeTV HD boxes that they no longer make or support that use the EyeTV software which in my opinions the best on the market but come on people I can order anything in the world on eBay or Amazon with a couple clicks, you don't even have a place on your website to find TV Guide.

You can try this link to buy and renew the tv guide you need:

https://www.geniatech.eu/product/tv-guide/   

Best wishes to you~:D

Edited by claire

On 6/20/2018 at 5:54 AM, claire said:

You can try this link to buy and renew the tv guide you need:

https://www.geniatech.eu/product/tv-guide/   

Best wishes to you~:D

No you can't today.  It states "out of stock" and I've had no reply to my inquiry to https://www.geniatech.eu/contact/
I've tried to contact https://www.tvguide.com but their support page is dead.  So I tried sending an email, but all addresses report non-delivery: info@tvguide.com, help@tvguide.com, sales@tvguide.com  SUCH HUMAN LOSS OF CONTROL OF TECHNOLOGY WILL CONFINE US TO PLANET EARTH!

Thank you, AlphaData, for your informative post confirming my own experiences.  For better or worse, unlike you I was able to renew my TV Guide subscription on January 15, 2019, then it continued to work until just February 5, after which date no further TV program information appeared... no error appeared, but neither did any further programming information.  But if I go to EyeTV Preferences -> Guide and click "Update Now", then I get the message "Update failed due to a server error."  I have tried repeatedly to contact GeniaTech through https://www.geniatech.eu/support-contact/ and have multiple ticket numbers, but a week later there has been no follow-up on these tickets despite their claim to respond within one business day.  I even tried phoning their home office in Germany at +49-2407-55290-80 on 2/8/19 and spoke to a nice telephone representative who said there was no one there who could help me but promised someone would get back to me, but that hasn't happened.  It appears the plug has been pulled on TV Guide's service less than 3 weeks after I purchased it, without any notice beforehand and no support of any kind afterwards.  Under the circumstances I requested PayPal refund my full  payment, but I'd rather have the program guide service than the 25.17 euros.  This feels like an ignominious end to 12 year wonderful years of EyeTV service, but at least the great Elgato hardware and software continues to work like a champ receiving OTA digital antenna broadcasts.

On 2/12/2019 at 12:24 PM, Solmaker said:

Thank you, AlphaData, for your informative post confirming my own experiences.  For better or worse, unlike you I was able to renew my TV Guide subscription on January 15, 2019, then it continued to work until just February 5, after which date no further TV program information appeared... no error appeared, but neither did any further programming information.  But if I go to EyeTV Preferences -> Guide and click "Update Now", then I get the message "Update failed due to a server error."  I have tried repeatedly to contact GeniaTech through https://www.geniatech.eu/support-contact/ and have multiple ticket numbers, but a week later there has been no follow-up on these tickets despite their claim to respond within one business day.  I even tried phoning their home office in Germany at +49-2407-55290-80 on 2/8/19 and spoke to a nice telephone representative who said there was no one there who could help me but promised someone would get back to me, but that hasn't happened.  It appears the plug has been pulled on TV Guide's service less than 3 weeks after I purchased it, without any notice beforehand and no support of any kind afterwards.  Under the circumstances I requested PayPal refund my full  payment, but I'd rather have the program guide service than the 25.17 euros.  This feels like an ignominious end to 12 year wonderful years of EyeTV service, but at least the great Elgato hardware and software continues to work like a champ receiving OTA digital antenna broadcasts.

Solmaker, see the extensive discussion (over 1000 posts now) elsewhere on this Forum - in the main Forum window, scroll down to "EyeTV Portfolio Software" and it is the first discussion. It is clear TV Guide's North America EPG for EyeTV terminated abruptly without warning at 5 pm CT on February 5th (regardless of when you renewed). Opinions are mixed as to whether it will ever return. In the discussion you will find at least two alternatives which will produce an EPG almost identical to the one TV Guide had for EyeTV. The best results seem to come from schedulesdirect.org, but you have to know a little about programming to make it work. If you do, you'll find instructions in the Forum. I am using xmltvlistings.com, which has a non-programmer's option to download a 7-day schedule; to make it work simply drag it onto the EyeTV icon on your dock (Mac), though there are some things you need to do in EyeTV first. There is a charge, but it works fine for me, and is identical to the TV Guide EPG (color coding and all) except it lacks season and episode information. Good luck.

to

Thank you WisconsonEric. My experience (AzMel) suggest that TIVO shut down our servers in early February 2019. As I was uninstalling/reinstalling EyeTV3  I noticed a company name ROVI as the EPG provider. ROVI was "acquired" by TIVO in the last quarter of 2018. My EPG updating  also stoped in early February  2019. 

The trail of evidence that  leads  from TV Guide to ROVI to TIVO is a little hard to track down on the internet. Every "contact us" or "help" link at TV Guide is broken, if you try to go to ROVI.com you get redirected to TIVO and if you try to contact TIVO they will only talk to you if you are a business, consumers need not apply.

Geniatech is the only company that can force TIVO to meet their contractual obligations.

Unless there is a lawyer following this who knows a class action lawsuit when he/she sees one

Search  "EyeTV TIVO Class Action" 

Hello All, like all of you I cannot renew my EPG. So I contacted Geniatech support, opened a ticket and got no where. So I went to Geniatech.eu forum and started talking. Then they shut down the .eu forum, then they shutdown the support topic for the EPG. Then they stopped all replies to my open ticket. But at the us.Geniatech web site they are still selling the EPG for North America. I just can't find out how to open a new account and start the download. Has anyone contacted a owner of the new Geniatech hardware and found out if this is only available to people who buy new hardware and then subscribe to the EPG?