NeilDeWheel

EyeTV 3 update Release Candidate (7530)

Hi all.

Today I fired up EyeTV 3 to be greeted with a window saying there is an update to EyeTV 3.6.9 (7530). It has "General improvements in performance and stability". I automatically hit 'Install Update' without thinking. It then struck me that this is old, old software and Geniatech can hardly push out EyeTV 4 let alone work on an old version. I cancelled the download and checked the download page on the Geniatech and the latest version to download is still 7.6.9 (7528).

This made me very suspicious. After the big story of machines being hacked by a malicious update to an app via its official update process, and considering Geniatech is not managing this forum to remove spam, I am thinking this update just may be a hacked version and an attempt to infect people's Macs.

What do you think?

Screenshot.jpg

• Like 1

I just upgraded to EyeTV 3 V. 7530, it flashed something about it wouldn't work on my system and went away. It says I am upgraded, but it still says there is a server error to obtain the EPG guide. My OS is macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6. I received an email from Angela with this new EyeTV update and she already knew what system I was on. What am I doing wrong?

Too bad this build 7530 does not seem to fix the "Extend the recording time" bug introduced in build 7528

Please Geniatech, fix this too as the workround by geeji in the linked thread is too tiresome to re-do after every EyeTV.app restart. The option to choose to extend the recording time is one of the most useful features in any PVR software and the lack of it hinders the usefulness of scheduled recordings in general.

You can got it :

- Start EyeTV 3

- Go to EyeTV Menu in "menu bar" and "Check for update"

- it will download on the Desktop 

- you will have a window install and update 

- the download on the desktop is deleted when upgrade is done

Edited by rened
  • Like 1