Sign in to follow this  
TimG

EyeTV 4 – AAC Narration on by default

Previously used EyeTV since 2006 with a DTT stick with minimal problems, at beginning of this week I got a Netstream 4Sat, and as my Mac is running Catalina, downloaded EyeTV 4 64-bit and activated it via Geniatech support. However, I soon realised that on the channels that I was getting the audio description overlaid over the sound for programmes. The channels' AAC Narration option is 'ticked' ON, and wont untick. Sometimes, if I look quickly after changing channels, two options are displayed (while the AAC Narration is ticked), the other along the lines of Dolby English, try clicking to 'tick' that but the narration is still on. But the latter is brief, as when the options are viewed again, only the AAC Narration is there, and with a tick beside it. I do have a support ticket with Geniatech (TicketID: 2020030516000347), but have nothing back except the auto acknowledgement. Not all programmes go out with an audio narration, but it seems when its available its being auto selected, I cannot unselect it as a choice. A few times it's shown two AAC Narrative's, but still nothing unchecks it (see screenshots).

Has anyone else experienced this bug - unsure if it is bug with the EyeTV 4 software handling of the satellite streams, or a bug in the Netstream's box?

Screenshot 2020-03-05 at 23.55.34.png

Screenshot 2020-03-05 at 23.53.55.png