STILL WAITING FOR THE EPG TO BE FIXED!

Moot now as it no longer even launches.

------------------------------------
Translated Report (Full Report Below)
-------------------------------------

Process:               EyeTV [1252]
Path:                  /Applications/EyeTV.app/Contents/MacOS/EyeTV
Identifier:            com.elgato.eyetv
Version:               4.0.0 (8526) (4.0.0 (8526))
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        launchd [1]
User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2022-10-24 12:16:02.9452 -0700
OS Version:            macOS 13.0 (22A380)
Report Version:        12
Anonymous UUID:        93BC44DF-B3DD-1E4D-AB14-29B9BFCAB7A0

Time Awake Since Boot: 870 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Termination Reason:    Namespace DYLD, Code 1 Library missing
Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/FWAUserLib.framework/Versions/A/FWAUserLib
Referenced from: <440A10C3-8764-3BDE-BB1F-6CA8BC0B63DF> /Applications/EyeTV.app/Contents/MacOS/EyeTV
Reason: tried: '/System/Library/Frameworks/FWAUserLib.framework/Versions/A/FWAUserLib' (no such file), '/System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/OS/System/Library/Frameworks/FWAUserLib.framework/Versions/A/FWAUserLib' (no such file), '/System/Library/Frameworks/FWAUserLib.framework/Versions/A/FWAUserLib' (no such file, not in dyld cache)
(terminated at launch; ignore backtrace)

• Like 1

I updated the operating system with Ventura but the eye4 8527 program was not working. So I found on your forum a file modified by you that shared a user of yours to fix the problem. Now I downloaded this version 8528 and it works on ventura but the programmed registration does not work! The registration starts but does not end. For example, I programmed from 20 to 23 but at 24 it continued uninterruptedly recording until I pressed the stop button

Hace 17 horas, maxbnd dijo:

Actualicé el sistema operativo con Ventura pero el programa eye4 8527 no funcionaba. Así que encontré en tu foro un archivo modificado por ti que compartió un usuario tuyo para solucionar el problema. Ahora descargué esta versión 8528 y funciona en ventura pero el registro programado no funciona! El registro comienza pero no termina. Por ejemplo yo programe de 20 a 23 pero a las 24 siguio grabando ininterrumpidamente hasta que aprete el boton de stop

Y que programa es ese modificado?. Gracias

Hi, same here 8527 crashes instantly. I tried uninstalling and downloading again and crash continues. Geniatech knows it but it is the same with changing the channel with keyboard, when I clicked on a number on the keyboard EyeTV got frozen, all the times. Geniatech did nothing. 🤞🏻

13 hours ago, Alinghi said:

Hi, same here 8527 crashes instantly. I tried uninstalling and downloading again and crash continues. Geniatech knows it but it is the same with changing the channel with keyboard, when I clicked on a number on the keyboard EyeTV got frozen, all the times. Geniatech did nothing. 🤞🏻

Hello again. 

They answered me yesterday with this:

Thanks for contacting us!

Please download the Eyetv 4 software version 8528 from the following Mega link. Version 8528 is compatible with macOS Ventura 13.0

https://mega.nz/file/UCUGGYTY#KV9bRIaB7hS8xiEO-JiqTH1ORMKt1kHpEUO1XdIiPmw

Thanks & Best Regards,

Kelly 

Geniatech EyeTV Support Team

• Like 1

Thanks Alinghi.

I can confirm the Mega link version 8528 works perfectly with macOS 13 Ventura on a Macbook running M1 Max CPU.

I was a bit concerned about getting software via a link like that, anyway I ran a Combo Cleaner Antivirus scan over it and it came up clean. 

On 10/27/2022 at 9:56 AM, Alinghi said:

Hello again. 

They answered me yesterday with this:

Thanks for contacting us!

Please download the Eyetv 4 software version 8528 from the following Mega link. Version 8528 is compatible with macOS Ventura 13.0

https://mega.nz/file/UCUGGYTY#KV9bRIaB7hS8xiEO-JiqTH1ORMKt1kHpEUO1XdIiPmw

Thanks & Best Regards,

Kelly 

Geniatech EyeTV Support Team

Hello Alinghi, in the meantime I got the same link from Geniatech Shenzen (Kelly). While after several tries EyeTV 4 now runs on my Mac mini M1 (Apple silicon), it doesn't work on my MacPro 2019. There it crashes after the program scan. Of course I deinstalled the former version by using EyeTV reporter and the Mac has been rebooted several times but still crashing a couple of seconds after strating EyeTV 4. Crash log already sent to Geniatech. Regards, Roland

With the last posted link the  installation works (MacBook M1 Pro) and all is well until the channel search (EyeTV hybrid).

After two hours not one channel is found. On my old MacPro Mid 2010 all works well with the same stick.

Any idea?

50 minutes ago, aliciaviola said:

With the last posted link the  installation works (MacBook M1 Pro) and all is well until the channel search (EyeTV hybrid).

After two hours not one channel is found. On my old MacPro Mid 2010 all works well with the same stick.

Any idea?

Hi aliciaviola!

Unfortunately, we, the EyeTV 4 customers became guinea pigs (alpha testers) for EyeTV software. However, let's try: Have you deinstalled the previous version with the software EyeTV reporter? In any way: Use the deinstall function AND erase the settings too (2-steps in EyeTV reporter). I would even recommend to reboot the Mac afterwards, before you are going to install the version 8528. The EyeTV reporter software should be available somewhere in the Geniatech download section – I don't remember where exactly anymore because I have it available on my Macs already since ages. As in your case it doesn't start the channel search: have you tried to unplug/replug the EyeTV stick? Regards, Roland

Thank you thank you thank you for this. I saw the update to the EyeTV software but decided to do the OS upgrade first.

So glad I found this topic.

I'd love to know when the remote control will start working again, but I'm pretty used to not having it now :(

Edited by Ellie

@aliciaviola I have the very same problem with my old EyeTV Hybrid stick that was still branded by Elgato. The channel search sits there forever without finding any channels. I also have a Geniatech EyeTV Hybrid T2 stick that I bought last year refurbished from the Geniatech Europe store. This one does not have the problem. The newer stick comes without the analog input or a remote but at least it works for general TV watching. I have not tried schedules recordings or the like yet.

19 minutes ago, Il Gatto said:

@aliciaviola I have the very same problem with my old EyeTV Hybrid stick that was still branded by Elgato. The channel search sits there forever without finding any channels. I also have a Geniatech EyeTV Hybrid T2 stick that I bought last year refurbished from the Geniatech Europe store. This one does not have the problem. The newer stick comes without the analog input or a remote but at least it works for general TV watching. I have not tried schedules recordings or the like yet.

Geniatech says, EyeTV 4 is compatible at least with the products below. And even the marketing pictures of the EyeTV Hybrid stick are still Elgato branded. I own two of them and they are pretty old. No problems so far in regards to the hatdware, except of the well known software problems with the EyeTV 4 itself, of course (compatibility issues with new Apple OS, missing but promised features...).

Did you deinstall the previous version with the software EyeTV reporter (provided by Geniatech)? And make sure you erase the previous settings too (function also included in the reporter software).

Compatible Peripherals

• Like 1

On 10/28/2022 at 12:13 PM, BRU said:

I can confirm the Mega link version 8528 works perfectly with macOS 13 Ventura on a Macbook running M1 Max CPU.

I was a bit concerned about getting software via a link like that, anyway I ran a Combo Cleaner Antivirus scan over it and it came up clean. 

https://file.geniatech.com/eyetv4/EyeTV4.0.0_8528.dmg is now (wasn't last week) the same version as the mega.nz download:
SHA256: ce57a0ab5a4a7bcb2c8e2b48fc6fea711888e5b211cc382270b334de1a2fb2c3

I reported this twice but as yet have not had a response.

I also said that the editing functions of version 3x were vastly superior to that of 4. In version 3 you could accurately edit the video and report it, something that is not the case with 4.

In version 4 (when it was working), there was a distinct lack of granularity (fine editing) and the video position constantly would jump to the end of the video. I would have thought that could have been resolved in all this time. I always had to export it out and then use FCP to edit the video.

Luckily I have an old computer that still works with version 3 and am able to do that there.

On 10/25/2022 at 2:23 PM, fraga said:

Tengo el mismo problema,  hay alguna informacion nueva?

Sí, está disponible la versión (8528) y funciona, aunque tuve que volver a sintonizar y configurar el orden de los canales de España TDT. Ahora, tienes que borrar las prferencias que tenías y comenzar de 0.